High BLM, engine skip.

EVIL

BANNED FOREVER
I'm starting a new thread with everything I know so far.

The car was running great for the first time in years and did so for a month or so.

I was driving with a friend and his girl doing around 20mph and I romped on it. I've done this a few times in the last month.

The car dropped from 1st to 2nd and pulled harder than anything I've ever seen.
19 to 20 psi no knock on 93.

After that I noticed a slight skip here and there. It idles rougher too. The skip seems worse at a mid throttle rpm around 3500 or so. Blms are at 142 and int is at 128 but does rise at idle some times.

I've done a compression test and all pistons are around 135.

All plugs look great with a light brown color.

I replaced the coil pack and ignition module with my old known good one. No change.

I replaced the ecm no change.

I replaced the chip with my old good one. No change. I DID NOT UNPLUG THE ECM WHEN CHANG ING THE CHIP. COULD I HAVE DAMAGED THE CHIP?

All plug wires checked. Look fine.
All intercooler hoses are fine.
Vac lines are fine.

MY PHONE SUCKS SO I KEEP EDITING THIS MAIN THREAD.

Also right around this same time I did an oil change and had oil pressure but after that short blast I had no boil pressure.
Pulled over engine sounds fine.

Took a breather off and as I revved engine I could see oil spitting around.

Also took turbo feed line off and stuck it in an empty water bottle we have oil.

Checked the oil sender with a volt meter and it had voltage at the oil filter and at the gauge. Can't remember how much.

Could my gauge have just died during this issue?

I can't help but feel they are all connected.

D

Last edited:
What are the blm #s? What do the spark plugs look like and when were they changed last? O2 sensor? Check all you vacuum lines and intercooler hoses to see if something might have slightly come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on New Bedford mass. And I'm just about ready to have a more experienced person trouble shoot this.

Jo exhaust leaks that I could find.

I am willing to travel up to a few hours away.

The car runs fine on the highway.

I'd like to thank Mike, mikes86gn for spending a few hours yesterday trouble shooting with me.

And we put a powder coated TA cover on his car yesterday. Looks great.

20150607_140831-1.jpg

D

Last edited:
Awesome D, I think if you try what we talked about last night, and figure out the wiring situation that will get things going in the right direction...maybe we'll plan another Buick day, and hopefully before noon time... LOL j/k I really had to....Mike

Hey mikes86ttop put a coat of black rust proofer on your sway bar. The TA cover looks great!

Oh yea that's definitely on the list now , along with the rest of the under carriage...Mike

Just got back from a trip to cottons today, good down to earth guys maybe give them a call..

I definitely like Bison as an option but in a message once he said he only tunes for WOT or something like that.
I don't know if this is something he'd be willing to tackle.

D