Hi-riserz Regal review.

mbartell

n/a 231
I had to get it- it was teasing me at the local wal-mart.
A radio controlled Buick grand national, with the wheels that are large enough to require lifting the car. Not my personal style, but that's not why I got it.

Pros:
Very nice well detailed body,
1:10 scale
uses standard 9.6 V battery packs or AA's
Assembled with phillips head screws, hot glue and masking tape.
Right now, $40
Grand national hood bump, spoiler and air dam.

Cons:
Odd color choices (green or red)
the sub-par toy chassis and controller
the front header panel and the rear area are fragile.
the body and chassis are glued together under the doors, requiring a little careful work to pop it apart.
the logos on the windsheild and the rear quarter panels are painted on- they look like stickers.

To use the body on a hobby type chassis, unscrew and remove the front and rear skid plates. there are screws on the chassis at the front, middle and rear, under the skid plates. Pop the area below the doors, and carefully seperate the body from the frame.
LED's are used in the front and rear for lights, and it's easiest to just chip off the hot glue to seperate everything. The antenna is taped in place on the body.
The two towers in the roof area unscrew.

I'm going to mount mine on a tamiya TL01 chassis, and I'll need to lengthen it about 1/2 to 1/4 inch to have the wheelbase look right.

I will try to post pictures when it's done, or at least rolling, but don't be suprised when these start popping up on ebay.

I don't know how it runs stock- I just canabalized it right out of the box.

There's actually 4 colors of this car...red, purple, green, and blue.
Look at my earlier post "Huge remote control regal" in this forum.

Wish they would have done it without the "Hoopty" wheels.....

Steve

I Need Red And Green :)

Anyone find me them in near to mint boxes?? i have to get those two colors!! thanks alex

I'll have to find one. I have an old Hyperdrive LTO chasis that would work :)

Hey, if any of you guys decide to start modding these into decent looking cars let us all know. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want a 4X4 Buick GN in weird colors. I work at Wal-Mart so I've seen these big things, along with the 1:64 versions of these. It's easy to paint them to become a real GN but as far as modding them to fit another "normal" chassis I think most of us would rather not attempt it. I haven't seen the 1:24 scale remote controlled GNs on Ebay for a while now. Is the guy still doing them?

Rc Gn

Anyone wiling to part with one new in mint box? and or sell a body for one. color doesnt matter. i want to keep 1 and use the body for my RC' thanks.

Ahh, darn, I was gonna do the body swap....... anybody know any good RC chassis that can work as far as wheel base? :) I already looked at the chassis, its kinda flimsy, dont think it would be easy to lower it down........ how about the Muscle Machines 1/8th Chassis? Anybody got one they can measure?

finally started it

I'm using a tamiya tl01 chassis, because I already have it, it runs well and is pretty durable and simple... and I'm tired of the mustang body.

I got the wheelbase to match well by flipping the rear suspension arms over. All the driveshafts still work, so it's still 4wd. I will have to make some rear shock mounts. I'm going to make bodymounts that attach to the RC chassis's bumper so I don't have to put post thru the body. I have to figure out a way to pull in the front wheels a bit.

If you are looking for a chassis to use, try to find one that is 180mm wide, otherwise the tires will stick out a little. The wheelbase is really close to 11 inches.

its about time...

this is great I saw the same at wal-mart and fell in love, but i just want the body im removing and and putting on my 1/10 scale gas on road car going to have buddy paint black and im going to put some clear windows in its set for a 200mm body will fit perfect w/ small mods, but the emblem may have to go on the front clip...i moified awhile ago w/ a nightrider firebird... there on ebay allready, but there on clearance at wal-mart for $30 ...
I had to get it- it was teasing me at the local wal-mart.
A radio controlled Buick grand national, with the wheels that are large enough to require lifting the car. Not my personal style, but that's not why I got it.

Pros:
Very nice well detailed body,
1:10 scale
uses standard 9.6 V battery packs or AA's
Assembled with phillips head screws, hot glue and masking tape.
Right now, $40
Grand national hood bump, spoiler and air dam.

Cons:
Odd color choices (green or red)
the sub-par toy chassis and controller
the front header panel and the rear area are fragile.
the body and chassis are glued together under the doors, requiring a little careful work to pop it apart.
the logos on the windsheild and the rear quarter panels are painted on- they look like stickers.

To use the body on a hobby type chassis, unscrew and remove the front and rear skid plates. there are screws on the chassis at the front, middle and rear, under the skid plates. Pop the area below the doors, and carefully seperate the body from the frame.
LED's are used in the front and rear for lights, and it's easiest to just chip off the hot glue to seperate everything. The antenna is taped in place on the body.
The two towers in the roof area unscrew.

I'm going to mount mine on a tamiya TL01 chassis, and I'll need to lengthen it about 1/2 to 1/4 inch to have the wheelbase look right.

I will try to post pictures when it's done, or at least rolling, but don't be suprised when these start popping up on ebay.

I don't know how it runs stock- I just canabalized it right out of the box.

just picked up from wal-mart and removed body from the rest, modified too fit my 4-wheel drive 1/10s on road car (mugen prime 12) painted body black, it had frt and rear working lights, didnt work very long though, came set up out of box, hay how do u post pictures on here i can show it off, the frt and rear portions off body are plastiweld in 2 spots, there very fragil, reccomend tighting up for strength, I removed the rear window to access pull start, and removed r/f of windshield to access fuel tank, but i left the black window in on sides, frt wheel wells needed to be widended back and up, left the rear tail lights clear outs, painted inner chrome red, still need to paint frt t/s...