Hey IOWA guys.

chub406

Hey Guys. Im going to slowly be starting my gn build. Im going to be getting rid of my fiberglass deck lid. I know there are parts I'm going to need so I figured I'd see what everyone had. I need a trunk lid, grill, trying do decide if metal hood or go with fiberglass, and a headliner. Let me know guys, plus if anyone is interested in a fiberglass deck lid, let me know. Thanks!

I have a damn nice trunk lid without spoiler holes in it. Spoiler can be added but I dont know if you need the provision. $150
Also have an NOS hood but you probably dont need new GM parts....

Can get it as far as des moines for free if you are patient.....

i have the spoiler and will be putting it on. What do you mean by the provision? that hood would be better for someone with a resto. too nice for my pile. lol

I'm simply stating that it's a regular regal trunk lid without spoiler holes, If you want to add the spoiler you'll have to drill the holes.

I got a flat regal hood here, if by some chance you'd have any reason to own it. CHEAP.

oh ok. I got ya. I got a buddy who owns a junk yard checking on the year of a regal they have out there right now for the trunk lid. I will let you know on that. Thanks for the heads up. I wouldnt have a use for a flat hood but thanks.

Hey get a hold of JDPOLZIN, he will help you with anything you need, he is the Da man out West!!!!

HTH
Prasad

I know right?? He is actually one of the first people I met on here and was an awsome help. I should give him a shout. Haven't talked in a year. We are dead in the middle of the U.S. Lots of west left. lol Good lord. Thats quite the car's list wicked. What do you have in the twin turbo TA?

I know right?? He is actually one of the first people I met on here and was an awsome help. I should give him a shout. Haven't talked in a year. We are dead in the middle of the U.S. Lots of west left. lol Good lord. Thats quite the car's list wicked. What do you have in the twin turbo TA?

I am surprised that he hasn't seen this post yet....but give him a call.

The Twin turbo TA combo from what I remember is something like this;

Small block Chevy with the cast number that ends in 01 which means it's a truck block (something about being stronger that other blocks)
Splayed main caps

.030 Over block with forged pistons
Steel crank

Steel rods
Aluminum Airflow research heads ported with roller rockers
Two 60-1 turbo's with .48 A/R
Custom exhaust manifolds
Turbo cam
Carburetor intake converted to fuel injection
55lbs injectors
Accel DFI
Turbo 400 with 3000 stall converter and Trans brake
Ford 9" with 3.23 gears
Dual Bosch pumps
The usual suspension work
I am sure I am missing other info....I took the headers apart to get them coated and it has been sitting for the past 5 years..lol
HTH
Prasad

Werd! I have finally started to read up on the forum. I have a hood for cheap if you need one. It has hood pins in it though. Could be welded up. Otherwise it's nice. Thats about it though, most of my parts are pretty much gone to the wind!

there he is! lol whats up bud?? last time I talked to ya. I had got the buick and put it in storage. Its finally out. What are you running for a tank on the E85 cars? Im trying to find out what type of cell and lines I need to run? You got some more cars in the stable I see.

FYI, there's a street legal/sport compact bracket and test/tune at Earlville, IA next Sunday, the 29th. It's a good place to go if you want to get in a lot of runs. www.tristateraceway.com On a good day on a test and tune, I've gotten in a dozen runs before the 1pm lunch break. I may test this Sunday too to get a few shakedowns in on the new Mickeys. I'm trying to get my friends T/A motor car down but he doesn't want to race it until he gets the LS ignition put on it so I doubt that'll happen this month yet but if anyone else turns out, it should be a good day.

Sorry for the hijack but I thought the title of the tread would draw more attention than a new thread...

fair enough. my dad buddy is the track champion for a few years. I think its super comp. He runs a duster. Notice how the iowa guys seem to all be running E85? lol You guys all running stock tanks?