Hey guys, the Audi ---> GN engine is OVER

G

goral

Im not going to do it. Sat down and ran all the numbers, way to much cash for me. At least 15k. And the engine would "pop" out from the hood at least 2 1/2 inches. Custom hood? $$$$$$$ Well now im going to buy a GN, I found one for 6k, in good shape. THe paint is bad thou. SO here is my question, what are the best heads for a high boost GN, best light weight pistons setup and connecting rods. If im going to build one of these badboyz, Im going to beef up the block first. Waste all my money on internals, and mess with boost and fuel later. Thanks guys!

how fast do you want to go? If you want to go "seriously" fast (9's) reliably or faster, get a stage motor......stock blocks tend to expire in the 9's no matter how well built

if you're going to go with the stck block.....here's a nice setup

JE forged pistons....ya may get a little piston slap noise on a cold startup though.

billit mains

block girdle

gn1 alum. ported heads

nitrate the crank and try to run a virgin or 10/10 one if possible.

she should be a low 10 consistant shortblock so long as detonation is avoided.

I want to run low 11s, mid 10

BUT, I ll have a boost controller, so I can run pretty low boost for the street. I want this car to be soild as a rock...Thats why im going to build up the engine first. It'll be a weekend car in the summer, and im buying a junk for $150 this week... :)

Make sure that you know what youre looking at when you buy this $150 motor. You normally do not get a 86 or 87 motor complete with the correct internals for that price. If you are uninformed you may have just that, $150 tied up in junk.

Just a heads up.

Dwight Hayden