Hesitation from idle

JadeMonkeyStang

TRs on the Brain
Whenever I hit the gas from idle, even just slowly leaving a stop light, my car hesitates for a second and then will go. Seems to run fine otherwise (running a little rich I know). The car almost feels like it dies completely when you press the pedal and then it basically wakes up, realizes it should be moving, and takes off just fine. Does this from light/easy throttle or from just mashing the gas. If the car is anywhere above idle I don't notice the hesitation. I had the car at Dynotech a little while ago (for a checkup, not for tuning or anything) and was told that everything checked out and that it was running well. Any tips or advice would be great.

-Jade

jade , I have the same problems with the '009, the "tip in stumble"............

What helped me almost eliminate this was proper tuning of IAC & TPS, same with the Fuel pressure...

do a search on Tip in Stumble

Mr. Clean

HI!!!!

kinda like to transition from idle to running rpm, that "Anything more than .5 volts is not idle"

I would CLEAN the IAC passages and readjust, I am sure there is all sorts of neato black stuff in there....

yet another $.02

Bill

when ever you mash the accelerator padel from idle the air velocity is so slow that fuel tends to "drop out" of the air flowing throught the port and puddle in the bottom instead of making it to the cylinder. This is a throttle position rate of change function, like an accelerator pump on a carburator. I would check the settings on the tps sensor, and also make sure there is not a bad spot in the potentiometer. If you dont have a scan tool you can use a volt meter to test the return wire to ground from the tps. Move the throttle slowly as you monitor the voltage it should read from about 0.46 to 4.9vdc through the range, with smooth transitions between. Hope this helps.