Here's the crank does it look ok?

I know I am bringing it to the engine builder tomorrow but I just thought I would let you guys look at it and tell me what you think? All the bearings were in good shape. I just want to get it polished and put new bearings in.

2822026_4.jpg

Check out this cool idea my dad had for keeping the tranny in the car with the engine out and still beable to move the car. 2x4 bolted through the frame.

2822026_5.jpg

hard to tell on the pic but the crank looks pretty good from what i can see. also the tranny deal is a good idea i have seen one other picture of someone doing it that way.

Check out this cool idea my dad had for keeping the tranny in the car with the engine out and still beable to move the car. 2x4 bolted through the frame.

2822026_5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

a short jack stand put from the engine cross member to the bell housing works too, but your way works too!!

Ya my garage isn't big enough to do work in so I have to push it out to do work so it was good for moving.

The engine shop said not to bother polishing it. It is probably smoother than polishing it will get it. The polishing is mainly good for after regrind they said.

Speced out good too.

For the tranny you can also take a piece bailing wire and loop it thru the top tranny bolt holes, and then run the other end up and wrap it around the bolt that sticks up from the middle of the cowl.

For the tranny you can also take a piece bailing wire and loop it thru the top tranny bolt holes, and then run the other end up and wrap it around the bolt that sticks up from the middle of the cowl.

Yes, that works well. You can use both bolds that hold the hood from being pushed back into the windshield for extra support too.