Help with tuning,scan tool

SCD

Hello I am new to this board and have some questions about scan tools and problems with my 87 GN.
I have an 87 GN with 60,000 miles on it.(bought in 88) The mods I have on it are green strip 30lb injectors, Casper ultra chip 3.01 , new valve springs, hp fuel pump, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator and adjustable waste gate rod
I run 17lbs boost and having a pinging problem just before the 1-2 shift. I have played with fuel pressure and can’t eliminate the ping.
It has another strange noise under the dash. It seems like it is vacuum related .At light throttle in 4 th gear there is a rattle near the glove box. When you step on the throttle it goes away.
What kind of scan tool would be best for me? I have a laptop.
I like to straighten this out before I do some damage. I put my foot into this from time to time and want it right.

Thanks
Steve

Turbo- link for laptop. I really like the scanmaster also." Self contained" It's very to use and i am new to this myself. Even i figured it out.....

search

Scanmaster works for me. I suggest using the search option. There's a lot of info about scan tools already posted on this board & gnttype.org. Also look at the Tech Tool forum on this board. :)