Help with Rocker Replacement on bottom on rods???

GNPUCCINI

I recently have been having problems with a lifter on the intake side of my middle cyclinder on the drivers side......tested and verified? How can I replace the lower lifter without a rebuild- was told I can remove the intake manifold and remove the rocker arm and rods, then use a magnet, is that true? please help? my car is running rough now, because the lifter is not pushing the rod up and down fast enough, and told it was the lower lifter....please help or email me at sam_puccini@yahoo.com....thanks alot

If the lifter is not moving up and down fast enough, sounds like you might have a round cam lobe?:(

lifter problem!

Actually I am sorry it is a lower hydrualic lifter....not the rocker.....i changed out the rod from another one, and same problem, so def the lifter....how can I replace the lower one ...help!

Remove the intake and check the cam and lifter. Not uncommon to have a wiped cam.

What Nick is telling you is that it is more than likely the cam itself, not the lifter.

These engines don't have a lot of trouble with their hydraulic lifters but DO have a lot of trouble with that particular cam lobe wearing off because of an inherent engine flaw.

To check it remove the manifold and gasket then you'll be able to observe, as a buddy hits the key and the engine turns over, whether the cam lobe has worn off.

Sadly you have to realize that the metal from the lobe (if in fact it's the cam lobe worn off) has gone through the engine and probably damaged the bearings.

Hey theres a guy that goes by Reds Hot Air on here thats over in Newport News that works on These cars :D

definatly sounds like you need a new cam and lifter set

hit me up if you need help

same area code as you 570-4403

RED :)