Help with new laptop set up

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
I'm looking for the easiest way to move address from my favorites on my old lap top to my new. I have save many websites over the years on my old gateway that I somehow need to get over to my new toshiba short of have to re-type each one & save to my favorites....any suggestions?

Well If you have gmail and you download google chrome, convert your fav's to that browser. So when you download that browsers to your new computer, all you have to do is log in to your account and vola!!!!! If not just save your Favs to a jump drive..............

Currenly Internet Explorer, that's all I've ever used but I may research some others.

If your using Internet explorer, your favorites are easily movable from one machine to the other.

If your old laptop was windows xp: go to my computer, open the hard drive(C: typically), then go to documents and settings, then your user name you use, in there you'll see a favorites folder that is a star shaped icon, open that folder and copy all the favorites. Then save them to a flash drive, go to the new computer and do the same thing, except copy the favorites off the flash drive and paste them to the location above.

If your new laptop is windows 7, instead of the documents and settings folder it is renamed to "users"

If you need anymore clarifying let me know.

If your using Internet explorer, your favorites are easily movable from one machine to the other.

If your old laptop was windows xp: go to my computer, open the hard drive(C: typically), then go to documents and settings, then your user name you use, in there you'll see a favorites folder that is a star shaped icon, open that folder and copy all the favorites. Then save them to a flash drive, go to the new computer and do the same thing, except copy the favorites off the flash drive and paste them to the location above.

If your new laptop is windows 7, instead of the documents and settings folder it is renamed to "users"

If you need anymore clarifying let me know.

Sounds like im getting closer....

Old laptop ran vista & new runs windows 7.

OUTSTANDING!!! I was able to save them over.....Thank You. I just now saw your user name. :)