help with ls2 buick

mcolor

I have a 86 regal with 3.8 motor .I want to go with ls1 are ls2 and transmission to match motor ,but I know I will have to change the rear end what would be the cheaper route to take. I was told to use a caprice 80's model which had the 350 motor ,but would a 95-02 z28 rear end fit

no- nothing but a G body rear end will "fit" without some work..
the 7.5 that you have can be built to take some abuse- it's what they used in the LS1 powered F bodies- but you'd be better off at least looking for an 8.5 out of an 84-87 turbocharged Regal or Olds 442.. another option is a 12 bolt out of a 64-72 A body (Chevelle, etc) with custom control arms or a Ford 9" with the proper brackets welded on..

no matter which way you go, you are looking at a good chunk of change to get it done..

Lots and lots and lots of people have gone the LS route. Go to the hybrid section and look around their. But are you running a N/A set up or were you thinking a turbo set up. On a different car I plan on running a boosted lq9. The LS series (aluminum) motors are good for N/A set-ups but the iron blocks are better for boosted applications. I dont know if your a member but ls1tech.com can also really help you out with the motor decisions and also finding parts.

oldsracer said:
Lots and lots and lots of people have gone the LS route. Go to the hybrid section and look around their. But are you running a N/A set up or were you thinking a turbo set up. On a different car I plan on running a boosted lq9. The LS series (aluminum) motors are good for N/A set-ups but the iron blocks are better for boosted applications. I dont know if your a member but ls1tech.com can also really help you out with the motor decisions and also finding parts.

I'm new to this so do n/a stand for nas

I'm new to this so do n/a stand for nas
No, N/A stands for naturally aspirated or all motor. If you dont know much about cars and havent worked on many cars I would say hold off on this project for a little bit and READ!!! This has been done alot but most people that do it have expierence and time to spend. If your looking for something to get done fast and be fast I would say drive what you have untill your positive you know what your doing and have enough parts to get you through most of it. Your always going to need more parts because no matter how much you buy, it always seems like your buying more and more parts.