Help with Heating up

BoOsT-CrAzY

Hey guys i am new here and need some help if possible please i have an 86 with a big front mount and i cant keep it running cool it run about 200 - 210 on the freeway please help

If not...Is your low fan speed coming on or just the high speed? Depends on the chip but the ECM turns the low speed fan on about 170°. It just might be a bad relay.

shortly after i bought the car it over heated and i dunno how much cause the previous owner didn't have any gauges and he installed a dump tube directly above the lower rad hose, it has a brand new rad. in it i am not sure chip i guess i will start it and see when it comes on but at idle it can sit there for ever at 165

My car runs hot too but since my ride's engine is not stock I'm having a custom rad done for me.

IMO - 3 row will not work for two reasons.

1st - the back row of tubes do not get the proper air flow across it them

2nd – gaps between the rows create turbulence thus more rows more turbulence

The incoming air must flow straight thru the rad and able to go thru the entire rad.

Sorry, this is not just my opinion this is the opinion of a rad shop I worked at.

If that list of mods is the only things you have done to your car then it sounds like you don't need a "huge front mount" in the first place. Don't slap on a front mount intercooler if you expect to be cruising around town with the temp at 170.

Either go back to a stock location intercooler or you'll have to consider buying a different radiator, dual fans, etc. One cheap "fix" is to hotwire the stock fan so it runs on high speed instead of low. But that's not really a solution to the problem.

Doesn't matter if the radiator "looks" like it flows good, your car is running 200+, obviously it's not doing a good job.

If that list of mods is the only things you have done to your car then it sounds like you don't need a "huge front mount" in the first place. Don't slap on a front mount intercooler if you expect to be cruising around town with the temp at 170.

Either go back to a stock location intercooler or you'll have to consider buying a different radiator, dual fans, etc. One cheap "fix" is to hotwire the stock fan so it runs on high speed instead of low. But that's not really a solution to the problem.

Doesn't matter if the radiator "looks" like it flows good, your car is running 200+, obviously it's not doing a good job.

the only thing yo have that i don't is alky and i have that coming?