Help with connector

ngnowner

How fast was it officer?
Please help with IDing this green wire/connector, I was looking around after pulling the MAF pipe off and found this laying on the water pump cover. Tested it with voltmeter and got 12.4V with key on, it looks a little melted too. :eek:
thank you.

Attachments

• DSC01830.jpg
    DSC01830.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 92
Could be wrong, but I think it might go to one of the sensors on the intake manifold. Has a small tab that the connector you showed slides onto. I have seen some intake manifolds that dont have that sensor though.

That should go to the temp sensor on the left side of the thermostat housing

Steve

Thanks Guys, found it. A previous owner removed the overtemp switch (caspers has great pictures) and attached a sending unit for an aftermarket temp gauge. From what I can see the overtemp switch just sets the idiot light for overheating and does not send a signal to the ecm?

It's not the right connector for the overtemp and the overtemp shouldn't have 12v - it's only a ground wire. It's for something else.

EDIT: Oh wait, I see it's amodification.

The original overtemp switch grounds the high fan relay/delay relay.

It's not the right connector for the overtemp and the overtemp shouldn't have 12v - it's only a ground wire. It's for something else.

EDIT: Oh wait, I see it's amodification.

The original overtemp switch grounds the high fan relay/delay relay.

Well I grounded the connector key on, and the water temp idiot light came on so I quess it's the overtemp connector it does have 12V with key on.