help/turbo-clocking

mcponch

MENBER SINCE 2OOI
hi, i changed from a te-54 turbo. to a gt61-52-e. thats it. now it dose not line up.my up pipe is off maybe 1/2 inch. and also the intercooler pipe that gos into the turbo. that pippe is off 1-inch to an 1 1/2. what i need to know. can i ajust the clocking on the turbo? if so how. thank you. frank. :confused:

Loosen the several bolts that go around the housing.. Position where you need, and re-tighten.. It is a common thing...

clocking

F-1 said:
Loosen the several bolts that go around the housing.. Position where you need, and re-tighten.. It is a common thing...
thank you. frank.

clocling

hi looked at my turbo. what bolts should i loosen the intake or exh bolts? thank you. frank.

you can clock either housing indepentdently. Keep the center section straight up and down so the drain works properly....other than that...loosen what you need and clock the housing. FYI, I only had to loosen my compressor housing and clock it on my 44.

Assuming the turbo is new....

just loosen a bit line it up and tighten...However be careful not to overtighten, because there is both aluminum and cast iron. My suggestion to make later service a breeze is to Antiseeze the hell out of bolts especially the upper two that secure the downpipe. It will save u from tearin up a few bolts after corrosion builds up in there.

Clocking

THANKS. I GOT THE BOLTS LOSR. THE TURBO HAS NOT BEEN ON VERY LONG. AS FOR A COPLE OF YOU GUYS? WHAT THE HELL DID YOU WRITE? FRANK. :confused:

turbo buicks said:
i would do the intake bolts, the exhaust bolts are probably tighter

"i would do the intake bolts, the exhaust bolts are probably tighter"

turbo buicks said:
just dont over tighten the bolts in the aluminum housing as they may strip the housing

"just dont over tighten the bolts in the aluminum housing as they may strip the housing"

I need to re-clock my stock turbo to the factory setting and I also need to set the waste gate actuator.
Help and pictures please