Help tune new chip

burnout

Just installed new TT chip and translator with 3in MAF. Car runs and drives great with the new upgrades. I'am having some trouble with a lean condition / knock at the top of 3rd gear. I have my fuel pressure set to 48psi line off. My knock comes in at at around 4200rpm in 3rd and increases from there iam seeing 5.7deg at 12psi of boost. I can also hear it. My O2 volts seem to drop as knock increases. .662mV is what iam seeing at 5.7 deg. Eric had the WOT fueling set to +10.9% and I bumped it to +14.1% and that made a slight difference. I would hope that my injectors aren't maxed at that low of boost. Another thing I would like to know is what are you guys seeing for airflow at lower boost levels. I seeing around 145-155g/s through the whole range at 12psi. Should I be pegging the MAF reading a 255g/s at that boost level? Another thing iam going to do is try a differnet gas station to see if it might be my gas but I doubt it. Let me know what you guys think and give me some ideas.

Thanks, Dave

Just installed new TT chip and translator with 3in MAF. Car runs and drives great with the new upgrades. I'am having some trouble with a lean condition / knock at the top of 3rd gear. I have my fuel pressure set to 48psi line off. My knock comes in at at around 4200rpm in 3rd and increases from there iam seeing 5.7deg at 12psi of boost. I can also hear it. My O2 volts seem to drop as knock increases. .662mV is what iam seeing at 5.7 deg. Eric had the WOT fueling set to +10.9% and I bumped it to +14.1% and that made a slight difference. I would hope that my injectors aren't maxed at that low of boost. Another thing I would like to know is what are you guys seeing for airflow at lower boost levels. I seeing around 145-155g/s through the whole range at 12psi. Should I be pegging the MAF reading a 255g/s at that boost level? Another thing iam going to do is try a differnet gas station to see if it might be my gas but I doubt it. Let me know what you guys think and give me some ideas.

Thanks, Dave

What TT chip and fuel pump(hot wired?) do you have? TT chips are usually set for fuel pressure 43 line off. What scantool do you use? I have the 3 inch LT1 and the MAF translator and get between 175-195 g/s around 12 lbs boost. Let us know. Brad

Walbro 340 hot wired with an accufab reg is what my fuel system consists of. TT chip is 5.6. Brad are you running any screens?

Dave

Eric had the WOT fueling set to +10.9%
I seeing around 145-155g/s through the whole range at 12psi.

Hi Dave,

The user adjustments by default are at 128. The only way it would have been at +10% is if the ECM was not reset correctly during the chip install, there are voltage problems, or a bad ECM.

A MAF reading of 145-155 at 12psi is way too low. Sounds like a bad MAF. Like Brad said, should be closer to the 180-200 area.

Regards,
Eric

first things first. put the pressure back to 43 line off and reset the ECM. then lets move from there. what are the settings at on the translator? MAF are way to low.

edit. eric beat me ;)

I will set pressure back down and reset PCM. My adjustments for translator are like eric wanted for chip. Dip switches ON,ON,ON,OFF and first knob is set for 3in MAF ,and second is set to zero. Brad you are running screens in your MAF?

Thanks, Dave

If you are using a Translator, then you can increase the WOT knob to bring the airflow numbers up higher. Try adding like 10% using the WOT knob and see how that does.

Eric I was under the inpression that the WOT settings will not have effect with chip? I will give it a shot I'am first going to reset fuel pressure and PCM.

Thanks, Dave

Since you haven't hit 255gr/sec yet on the MAF, the WOT knob will have an effect. If you were at 255, then the knob wouldn't do much.

I reset PCM and dropped fuel pressure back down to 43psi line off. It started raining so I couldn't get no runs in. I will update through out the week.

Dave