Help:Tip in enrichment while engine is cold?

Dave King

My my water temp is anywhere from 65 to 100 degrees my tip in is lean. The cars perfect in tip in over 100 degrees. The cars also perfect at idle warmup from the same 65 to 100 degrees. Would the adjustment be AE Fuel verus CTS? I was worried that if I gave it the adjustment it needed in AE fuel verus CTS it would then idle too fat. I have a sequential unit, and it seems to be very sensitive to burn the plugs too rich at idle during cold and warm setings.

If someone could also explain the differences between AE Fuel versus CTS and Warmup Enrichment versus Coolant temp are I would really appreicate it.

Simple, for the cold tip in increase the amount of AE Vs CTS in the temp ranges you have a lean condition. That will fix that problem.

The warm up engrichment is just like a choke on a carburator. It is always adding that additional fuel under those temp conditions you have it set at on the 2D map. The AE enrichment is like a bigger pump shot when it is cold so it only affects things when you step on the gas.

That help.