Help TH 400 swap questions not the same old ones.

onefastjackass

OK I am doing the 400 swap and need to know what dipstick tube you are all in favor of using.

Tryed a summit chrome one and the bracket didn't want to line up even after bending.Tryed to use a lokar one that mounts to the engine but it would be almost impossible to remove it and check the fluid.

So what are you guys using??A lokar firewall mounted one or something else???

Also If the transmission is a regular pattern and uses a vac regulator would I just hook it up to engine vac or is this going to cause issues since part of the time the engine is under boost???

I used the 200r4 GN dipstick,cut 2"off the top and cut the dipstick on the bottom end just befor it tapers off, and weld the 2" pice you cut off the top.perfect fit

The easy way out is to use a Lokar TH400 dipsick assembly. You can rotate,bend and move the neck assmbly to where ver you want.
Expensive, but easy to install and R&R. It looks good too.Its about 70.00

We have both tube and stick available. Both are GM units and we use them on all our GN/400 conversions.

Originally posted by Louie L.
The easy way out is to use a Lokar TH400 dipsick assembly. You can rotate,bend and move the neck assmbly to where ver you want.
Expensive, but easy to install and R&R. It looks good too.Its about 70.00
You must mean the firewall mount one correct??