Help!!!!! Takes too long to fire

alb84 said:
I was never trying to say that your diagnosis was incorrect. I was only throwing out another possibility that I didn't explain fully in my first post. Sorry if I made it sound any other way. So is the car fixed? I allways want to hear what it turned out to be. Later....Danny

I didn't take it that way, and hopefully you didn't either. :) They key to the whole thing is this , the author of the post hasn't told us the most important element and this is does the pump prime as soon as the key is keyed on. Knowing that will take this one way or the other.

DonnieShort said:
I didn't take it that way, and hopefully you didn't either. :) They key to the whole thing is this , the author of the post hasn't told us the most important element and this is does the pump prime as soon as the key is keyed on. Knowing that will take this one way or the other.

YES IT PRIMES WHEN THE KEY IS ON I WILL TRY THE HOSE PINCH METHOD

alb84 said:
I was never trying to say that your diagnosis was incorrect. I was only throwing out another possibility that I didn't explain fully in my first post. Sorry if I made it sound any other way. So is the car fixed? I allways want to hear what it turned out to be. Later....Danny

YES IT PRIMES WHEN THE KEY IS ON I WILL TRY THE HOSE PINCH METHOD AND LET YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT IT WAS THANKS

I keep a mechanical fuel guage mounted on the hood of all my boosted cars. That and a boost guage on the dash is a minimum for head gasket protection assuming your tune is allready close. Clamping the supply and return hoses is a great way to diagnose which component is leaking. You need to be carefull clamping them as these hoses are getting pretty old, and are easy to damage. It is best to use a piece of rubber or leather between the the clamping tool and the fuel line. Good luck, keep us informed. Danny