help setting up a gnx suspension for drag racing

GNocide

rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated
What would you upgrade for better 60 foots etc?
What springs, lcas, shocks,any airbags at all?
Are Trans brakes any good now that the back lifts up?
Is foot brake even still the answer?

Would you set up anything different in the front as well- SPRINGS. SHOCKS SWAY BAR?

First things first. Scale the car and find where the weight is. The suspension is set up to lift the front properly for weight transfer already. You could add a set of new springs if they haven't been replaced as well as an HR bar or something like it. One of those dirty tricks is you don't need to take the front sway bar off but you can loosen the links up until they're loose enough to help with weight transfer. Take a wrench and ratchet so you can do it when you get to the track.

OK so ;
A big atr rear sway bar(HR will not clear the ladder bar diff cover)
Dont remove the front sway bar- IS A LIGHTER, bigger 36 mm hollow one is okay?
Rear springs- regular springs or variable rate?
Front springs- stock, v8 or 1.5 lowering?

Have you seen the moog spring thread on the board? That should give you a better idea of the height and weight of the spring.;) The best over all set up is to have the chassis set up so it's level or close to it. The lower rear arms need to be parallel to the ground to get the best transfer even with the GNX suspension.

i haven't seen the thread but will look.
remember the goal isn't necessarily to lower the car- i want to drag ,hook and go.
even if that means raising the car or part of it

whats the best way to parallel the rear lcas?springs and drag shocks?
do they work with the back lifting up?

whats the different set up since the back doesn't squat on the tires?

whats the best way to parallel the rear lcas?springs and drag shocks?
do they work with the back lifting up?

whats the different set up since the back doesn't squat on the tires?

You've got a suspension that's got a huge advantage to it. That funky bar that goes from the axle to the middle of the chassis is a traction bar designed to help transfer weight to the back wheels. The back lifting up is the weight transfer. Have you noticed that if you power brake the car and launch it seems to feel really stable and take off fast? That's because of the bar. If you get a set of adjustable coil overs you can adjust the ride height of the car and level it out. You can even do the front that way so you can change the ride height when you go to the track.

One other thing I'd suggest is to go visit baseline suspension and do some reading up on how suspension works so you can understand it better.;)

Load up a GN on the brake and it starts to roll over and lift the rear. Load up a GNX and all four corners lift equally. I think you might have to make drastic changes to the suspension to convert a GNX to bevan all out drag car. It will outlaunch most anything on four wheels currently with a set of stickies on the back.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4