help selecting furnace.......

NCC1701

Any HVAC guys?
I have 4 quotes to replace furnace. They are all within $700. here are the 3 Furnaces they recommended (two recommended the same):

York TG8s
Trane XB80
Amana AH8

House is 2 story, 1400 sq ft, In southern Cali., So we only use it 3 maybe 4 months out of the year. When we do use it, Our monthly bill is $145-$150.
Opinions, thoughts, suggestions?
TIA,
Lorenzo

Any HVAC guys?
I have 4 quotes to replace furnace. They are all within $700. here are the 3 Furnaces they recommended (two recommended the same):

York TG8s
Trane XB80
Amana AH8

House is 2 story, 1400 sq ft, In southern Cali., So we only use it 3 maybe 4 months out of the year. When we do use it, Our monthly bill is $145-$150.
Opinions, thoughts, suggestions?
TIA,
Lorenzo

There is a Lot to look at .. Are you (N/G),, (Propane),, (Electric),, (HeatPump)?? What ever you go with, make sure they size it right.. We have replaced several homes that were not that old, but sized to small or to big.. Now is the time to look at fuel cost, where you live.. I put a Lenex (HeatPump) in my house 8 years ago ,And Love it. I live in Nebraska where it get's very cold in the winter, and DEC & JAN Bill have never been over $220.00;) Not to shabby for a 4,000SFT all Electric house.. Most of the Units on the Market today are all made by the same Company.. Stay Away from (GoodMan) (Coleman) (Janatrol).. I am a home builder, And use the XP Trane's On Most Houses.. Good Unit, and Good Price.. AmericanStandard and Reem are also good units. A heat pump will set you back a few more $$, But you will recoupe over time..:smile: 90% is code where we live. I dont know about Cali?

Hey Lorenzo:
Small world- I live next door to you in Carlsbad.

I had a Trane XV80 installed in my 1800sf, single level home, several years ago. I have central air conditioning and it does a great job of cooling and heating. It's hard to break out just the cost of running the furnace but I think it's not bad at all.

Good Luck
Charlie

I bought a scratch and dent 95% Air Flow for $500 and my buddy installed it . I also took down a hanging unit in my garage and installed a 93% Rheem furnace in there. The home furnace I got rid of was installed in 1987 it was a carrier. the one in the garage was a sterling. My gas bills used to be $350 -$420 a month:eek: With the two new ones my bill is $140 -$180 a month and I leave the garage at 50 degrees.My old home furnace used to turn on in October and it didnt shut off untill April:biggrin: The new one actually shuts off. When it shut off I thought it broke. I was told by a couple of hvac guys that airflow was an off brand of lennox. I know Rheem is good. Shop around.
Companys are dropping prices bigtime to get the job. My friend that did mine told me he will break even just to keep his guys working and get the job.
Its a cut throat business like eveything else. Take the lowest bid and go to the company with the best components and they will probably match the price. good luck

I replaced our 1988 LP unit last fall with a Goodman 95% unit and love it so far. Has a 10-year warranty. Buddy of mine is a dealer, I spent $800 for a new 90k unit and installed it myself. With the tax credit from last year, and the gas savings, it was less than a 1-year payback, no-brainer. Wish I did it sooner, but the blower going on my old unit ($120 to replace) finally prompted me to do it.