HELP! Regal/GN parts NOS used and speed stuff!

buicksstage1

Hi, as you can see I am new here but have been into buick GS's for the pass 27 years. I am a paid member of the BPG and a member of V8buick since 2002. Why I am here is because a dear friend (Kerry Sewaringen) passed away a few weeks ago just days before his 43 birthday from complications from his Cystic Fibrosis. Long story short I just finalized a deal with his family on the purchase of all of Kerrys buick stuff: 70GS convert, 86 Regal and parts collection. I will be selling the 86 Regal and the regal parts. Some of the parts are pre-sold but a bunch of the other parts are not but I don't know how to price the NOS and used parts IE: NOS weather stipping, bumper pieces, center cap parts etc and Aluminum rad support, spoilers etc, rust free 86 Regal with a bunch of drive line parts, IE: Custom CK Performance AOD, torque converter and shifter, Moser 9", QA-1, custom dash that cost $1500 and the list goes on. Question is? Would you guys mind helping me price some of these parts out and I will post some of the parts for sale here. Chris Skaling

Hi, as you can see I am new here but have been into buick GS's for the pass 27 years. I am a paid member of the BPG and a member of V8buick since 2002. Why I am here is because a dear friend (Kerry Sewaringen) passed away a few weeks ago just days before his 43 birthday from complications from his Cystic Fibrosis. Long story short I just finalized a deal with his family on the purchase of all of Kerrys buick stuff: 70GS convert, 86 Regal and parts collection. I will be selling the 86 Regal and the regal parts. Some of the parts are pre-sold but a bunch of the other parts are not but I don't know how to price the NOS and used parts IE: NOS weather stipping, bumper pieces, center cap parts etc and Aluminum rad support, spoilers etc, rust free 86 Regal with a bunch of drive line parts, IE: Custom CK Performance AOD, torque converter and shifter, Moser 9", QA-1, custom dash that cost $1500 and the list goes on. Question is? Would you guys mind helping me price some of these parts out and I will post some of the parts for sale here. Chris Skaling
Is there another web site that might help price these parts so I can sell them? Chris

What I would do is do a search on the parts for sale on this site to get the prices on what stuff sells for.

and search ebay, current and completed listings, part numbers for the NOS stuff, etc etc etc.

and please tell me more about this 1500$ custom dash, i might be interested in it.

and search ebay, current and completed listings, part numbers for the NOS stuff, etc etc etc.

and please tell me more about this 1500$ custom dash, i might be interested in it.

I can get more pics if you like but I'm starting to think I should sell the car as a package? Here is the discription of the car.

1986 Black exterior/Burgundy(Maroon) interior Regal….Body straight but does have it’s share of those “parking lot scratches and minor dings”. Paint is somewhat oxidized here and there (a good wet-sanding should clean it right up and bring back the shine) and the clear coat is lifting in a few spots on the hood only. That was not a problem for me in that I was going to go with a fiberglass hood anyway. A buddy of mine, well his step-kids, were playing around it and somehow the driver’s side of the windshield next to the a-pillar is cracked from something hitting it so it will need to be replaced, of course "NO ONE" did it as I'm sure we've all heard kids say that. Has the half/vinyl top, it has a split at the very top forward center point. Car is in the middle it’s transformation to a light & fast but streetable car. Interior in excellent condition but does need headliner. (2) New Kirkey Pro Street Drag Aluminum race seats with mounting hardware and also the plush original 60/40 split bench in very good condition too. A Custom-Built Dash by Performance Instruments (cost OVER $1500 !) using AutoMeter UltraLite gauges designed by me (pic’s elsewhere on this site if you do a search). AutoMeter UltimateII Playback DualChannel 9000rpm tach (part #6884). Car has A/C and new heater core but tracked down (2) different original GM A/C delete “kits”, even has ALL hardware and ductwork including correct dash control AND the correct glove box in the original Burgundy (Maroon) color!! There’s a good 40lbs or so loss right there from what I‘ve read. Other weight loss items include aluminum bumper mounting brackets (replaces 5-mph “energy absorbers“, but also have NOS those too). A rare and hard to find original GM aluminum core support (not installed yet). Aluminum front bumper reinforcement, not installed instead the Canadian Only individuals are. (2) 84-85 front original GM GN air-dam spoilers. Original GM GN 5-piece rear spoiler (NOT a cheap fiberglass repo!). I drilled out the spot welded in spare tire housing and replaced with a rolled and broke piece of 16 gauge so that it looks factory and opens up all kinds of room under trunk. A 20gal w/GM sending unit aluminum cell in trunk with dual -10AN outlets to feed into MagnaFlow -10AN to -12AN “Y” into a Aeromotive 100 micron filter (12302) directly into a Aeromotive Eliminator Pump (11104) (-12 inlet/-10outlet) then in to 10 micron Aeromotive filter (12301) up to the Aeromotive EFI "Bypass" Regulator (13101). All powered thru Aeromotive’s Fuel Pump Controller (16302) for street usage. Earl’s black Ano-Tuff fittings and Earl’s ProLite 350 black fabric hose (-10 forward, -08 back, 20 feet of each) for planned E-85 usage. Rearend is another braced and black powder coated Moser 9” with HD Bolt-Thru Moser Aluminum Center Section holding a 35-spline Detroit Locker, Richmond 3.70 gears, billet steel 1350 series pinion yoke. Moser all new rear brake set-up, drums cryo’d and powdercoated black. Kirban driveshaft safety loop. TOTAL COMPLETE HR PartsNStuff rear suspension incuding DBL ADJ uppers w/HD Delrin bushings, (2) pairs of Lowers w/HD Delrin (also a pair of extra ¼“ longer too to better center the rear tires in the wheel well!). HR’s Super Sway Bar, welded HR’s frame braces. Hotchkis frame braces tying upper frame mounts to the lower frame mounts. (2) different pair of the American Racing Vector “T-Type look-a-like” rims, 15 X 8.5”. One pair has new MT 295/65/R15 ET Street Radials mounts and balanced and second pair has new Hoosier Pro Street 29.5X12.5X15 Radials. Both fit with NO frame notch (Also included is a complete custom kit to do so though!) and NO fender rolling! Front rims are original Buick T-Type 15X7 with Hoosier Pro Street fronts. Front suspension is Global West Drag Tubular Uppers and Lowers w/Delrin bushings and AFCO "Low Friction" Ball Joints. QA-1 Coil-overs. (2) pair of slotted and drilled Summit Racing cryo’d rotors. SSBC “Quick Change” aluminum calipers w/pads. Summit/SSBC Proportioning Valve and Hurst Roll Control "Line Lock" kit. Russell braided brake hoses front and rear set. All steering components replaced with Moog components except box itself (There‘s WAY OVER $10,000 in just the rearend, front and rear suspension and braking system including wheels and tires!). Guys...There is NO reason why this Regal with the right kind of finishing work, weight removed in all the right spots and good tuning can not be a 9 second fully-streetable car!

This is as my buddy wrote the add before he passed away, I think this would be a solid start for someone even if they made it a V6 turbo car. There is a LOT of money spent in the right places on this car, I will break it up once I get the pricing part figured out. Chris

Attachments

• GN DASH.jpg
    GN DASH.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 255
parts

Just so that things are clear, the 2007 date in the pic's is wrong because the camera was sitting with dead battery's and the date didn't get re-set, these pics were taken two weeks ago.

I will list the car and parts for sale here when I get a few things sorted out. The car and parts are in Decatur IL. Thank-you for all the help I'm getting here and through PM's........Chris Skaling

more parts

I have NOS wheather stripping for both doors, both windows, cowl and trunk along with a NOS power antenna a pair of NOS front bumper "Energy absorbers, 4 NOS t-type center cap centers. Chris

Mind made up

I have decided to sell the car as a roller, I will post it forsale here over the next few days and If it doesn't sell here it will go off to e-bay. Thanks guys........... Chris Skaling