HELP!!! powermaster short!

EFFNQWKWE4

I need some advice, guys. Last night, my brake light came on and stayed lit while I was driving. 5 minutes later, I had NO brakes! The pedal was hard as a rock, not moving. I found the fuse for the brakes, and that fixed it temporarily. It keeps blowing the fuses though. I have a short somewhere, but I have NO idea where to start looking! Any ideas from those who have shared this problem would be great. I just don't know if there's one particular thing that is prone to shorts, or whether it's just a crap shoot every time this happens to a powermaster system. Thanks for the help! Oh- if I were to take my car to a local TR mechanic, how much do you think I'd have to spend to have them track the problem down and fix it? I need to fix this ASAP because this car is my daily driver. Anybody in the MD area with suggestions on who to take it to, please advise me! Thanks in advance!

Unplug the connector from the motor itself. That will tell you if the wiring is cooked or if it's the motor itself.

A rebuilt/used unit can be had from an A1Cardone parts supplier such as Pep Boys, Autozone etc.

Should be under $200 and does require a bit of work and bleeding to install.

I'd find a TR specific shop to do the work.

If you go to a dealer I think you will pay a ton of $$$ perhaps $1K even to get it fixed.

Just my .02

I'm thinking about just scrapping the Powermaster setup altogether and going with the conversion kit that Red Regal T is selling. Anybody got experience with this kit? If so, what can I expect troubleshooting-wise on this setup? I plan on having my local TR mechanic install the new system, but I'd like to know in advance if there's any incidentals involved-misc. hardware, etc..
TIA!
Derek

I just diagnosed some potential problems with my Powermonster with some good info on gnttype. Check out the step by step diagnosis before buying an entire new unit.
PowerMonster Diagnosis

i had the same problem with blowing fuses the first time my powermaster took a dump, i replaced the system four times. do your self a favor and go vacuum and youll never have to worry about loosing your brakes again.:D