help plz

Turbo Grizzly

NEED TURBO! / TRANS!
hello, im new to this so plz bear with me. the cruse control on my 82 t-type has never worked....ive had car since 2003. what could be the problem? also why is it the driver side of my engine gets all grimmy and dirty when the pasenger side it clean? ok so there are my 2 problems i guess u could say.... now i am looking for a turbo and a intercooler for my car. sadly when i got this car it never had the turbo on it. i do have the 4.1 motor, its a jasper, and a rebuilt turbo 350 tranny and a rebuilt edlebrock 600 4bbl carb if that helps at all. umm a cran cam i dont kno what size. 7.5 rear and aftermarket shocks. thank you for ur imput and ideas

on your cruise question - do you have a vacoom diaphram that does the throtle hold down when cruise is engaged or ??? -you need to start at the cruise control lever and you need to make sure that the switch actually works - on-off..take a picture of your set up and post it --also take a picture of the engine ,driver side - i believe that you might have leaky valve cover gasket or breather gasket but without seeing the engine it is just a guess..:biggrin:

82's had a mechanical speed sensor/vacuum control opposed to an electronic one used on 84 up. Make sure it is functioning.

And as far as going turbo come and join us in the before black section. If you want to go SFI buy a car don't build it. You'll be much happier in the long run. I have almost everything to do the SFI conversion and even have a spare carb/turbo for my 83. Just don't have the money to complete it yet. And yes, it's a PITA! More work than it's worth and If I had listened to the other guys I wouldn't have done it, I would have bought one.

thank you for your help.i will try to get some pics up 2morro. heres the thing about the cruise....when i switch it on i can hear somthing engage...but yes i will get some pics up. oh i also check bolts on cover....all very tight. i do have a edelbrock breather on it. hmmm does seem alil lose. i will check out before black. thank you. yea i always said i would drive this till i could get a 87 gn then give my 82 to my dad or for the heck of it drop a 454 in it. haha.