Help Please, &$%# A/C

Sweetwater GN

Unstoppable :)
Can't get the compressor on, clutch engages with 12v and ground hooked to it. 12v coming down the green wire from the relay and lo press cut off, so I know that is working. If I ground the black wire off the clutch the comp runs, but when I hook it back in line to the switch on the back of the comp. it won't run. So I guess that means the hi press. switch is breaking the ground ? How I can test this ? System had a bit of a leak till I sealed it... no air got in and so I don't think my pressure is too high either. What do I test and please be specific wire wise etc, not familiar with AC besides the crash course I'm getting here trying to get it running.

LMAO....Not really laughing but me and several guys here have had this problem in the last couple of months. If you do an AC compressor search on previous threads this may help in your search. Good luck with it, some guys here can get really technical and help you:)

IMHO, if it works when you ground the black wire, then just ground it to a good ground source. That is the only purpose it serves.

IMHO, if it works when you ground the black wire, then just ground it to a good ground source. That is the only purpose it serves.

I thought the ground was part of the high pressure switch ? Figured if I ground the wire the comp would just run till it poped.

Ground it and let the car idle for several minutes ac on low and see if the compressor cycles.

When installing a new compressor there should be a high pressure switch on the back of it that the black wires with a connector goes to.

If this isn't hooked up properly it won't run with the factory wiring.

Sometimes you have to swap the switch from the old compressor to the new one to make it work I know I had to with a reman. unit.

Look for the wires with that connector on them to be unhooked at this time, should be under the alternator back side of the A/C compressor area.