Help!! My 85GN won't start???

nhrabill

Full of Hot Air
Hi all,
Problem: I let my 85 Grand National sitting for 2 weeks when I was on my Honeymoon and now it won't start???

Car is Stock Turns over fine goes to start up immediately and almost starts then I wait a few seconds and it just continues to turn over. I checked spark and it is fine I am very low on gas due to bad tank of gas last time out but it should have enough to get going the battery is now dead and I will be replacing it soon. No I do not have a computer to see codes or anything like that.

Any Help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated Please E-mail me

NHRABill@Yahoo.com

It could be anything. I would however check that you have good fuel pressure. Gauges at your big parts stores are not that expensive and are good to have around for tunning and problem solving. Get one and see what your fuel pressure is. Use a paper clip to check for codes. Insert into the top 2 right hand holes of the diagnostic ECM plug. Turn ignition on. Count the flashes. It will flash by blinking sopt blink stop and so on. the first code will be 12. This is start and end of the sequence. I would recommend finding someone who has tools and knowledge of these cars to help you out. It could be something as simple as a fuel filter. Hope this helps.