Help my 85' won't start???

nhrabill

Full of Hot Air
Hi all,
Problem: I let my 85 Grand National sitting for 2 weeks when I was on my Honeymoon and now it won't start???

Car is Stock Turns over fine goes to start up immediately and almost starts then I wait a few seconds and it just continues to turn over. I checked spark and it is fine I am very low on gas due to bad tank of gas last time out but it should have enough to get going the battery is now dead and I will be replacing it soon. No I do not have a computer to see codes or anything like that.

Any Help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated Please E-mail me

NHRABill@Yahoo.com

Maybe she's simply jealous, you being off for 2 weeks with another woman?!?!?!?!

Hard to guess from your description, but fuel or spark weren't getting the job done I'm thinking. When you turned the key, did you hear the fuel pump at all?

I'm not trying to be smart, but it sounds like you're out of gas, seriously. The gas guage isn't that accurate, it's sort of a rough estimate. Sometimes my car ran out just below 1/4 tank and sometimes it would go past the E. I probably looked crazy swerving side to side to slosh the gas around and keep the motor running to the gas station.

If putting gas in it doesn't work, it could be anything from the pump to the filter to the injectors since you said you had bad gas in it before.