Help me get into the 11's

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
gonna be racing this friday at the Buick Midwest Challenge up here in Indiana and this will be the first time with my new turbo and injectors that i will be running it...before it ran 12.2 @ 112 with stock turbo completely maxed at 23 psi, slicks, 110 race gas, 108 race chip

i now have the te-44 turbo, 50 lb injectors with a 108 race chip for them, still have the same 26x8.5x15 slicks, and i will have 118 leaded in the tank (yes that is an 8)

with these slicks how much boost should i launch with? i used to launch at around 10 lbs with the stock turbo and i got 1.8 60 fts and the slicks grabbed pretty well...i will try to keep the air pressure really low this time in them at around 15 psi...also how much air in the air bags should i use? i have an air bag in both springs...i put 15 psi in the right side and 5 psi in the driver side...

also what should the fuel pressure be to start out with? i will run the car a couple times with low boost like 22 lbs to 25 lbs at first and see how she does...any other suggestions? i want at LEAST high 11's

launch with as much boost as you can...if you spin (which I doubt) back off a bit

15 lbs is sorta high pressure...start at 13

set your fuel pressure where the chip specifies and don't change it until you start to go lean because of boost

15/5 should be good to go in the bags...if you wanna check it, load 'em up in the driveway and look at the stripe

good luck

lol now that i think about it...i used to use 18 -20 psi in the slicks before...and they still hooked...so now i am definitely not worried about traction...i will run 13 - 10 lbs of pressure most likely and then launch with hopefully 15 lbs of boost if i can...just hope i don't blow anything in the motor because my motor has never seen such boost levels before with this new turbo...i will definitely not have any knock due to octane as i will have 118 in there...the trans is in good shape and shifts firm and consistant and i need to fix my lockup on the TC...i ordered a new solenoid and gonna see if that works...if not then i will get a new brake switch...

as for the air bags i will do 15 and 5 again like i did before...car launched straight when i did that before...trying to think if i need to do anything else...my chips are programmed by PTE and the 108 chip is supposed to have 28-30 degrees of timing in it....not for sure though...i will start with 45 lbs of fuel with line off at first...

also should i go ahead and disconnect my front sway bar while i am at it...i don't drive the car all that much on the street and if i do i never take corners hard or anything like that...i always race in a straight line...i figured it will help me launch straighter and lessen some weight up front so i can lift the front end a little bit when i launch:D

From my first experience with my TE-44 and 42.5 injectors at the track, I had to drop down the fuel pressure to 38 psi to run the times I did in my sig. with 23 psi, and C-12 (112 leaded). Like you, my chip has 30* of timming and I had no knock in any of my runs and it was still rich. (02's at .790-.800).

With you 50lbers and 118 octane, you might have to go deeper in the 30 psi range. BTW, 118 octane is overkill IMO.

Be careful though, as 30* of timming leaves VERY little room for error.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Later.

:cool: