Help me find the correct wheel studs!!

79MeanGbody

Doing the LS1 brake swap on my 79 Cutlass. The factory studs were SAE thread and I need about 1/2" longer with metric thread. I purchased Dorman 610-323 which are M12-1.5x54mm and they have too small of a knurl, fall right in the hub. My lugnuts are M12-1.5 I believe.

Dorman makes a longer stud that is about 12mm longer than stock. 610-323 is the part number, and it is available anywhere that sells Dorman products- which is pretty much everywhere. if it is too long, then just trim the length a bit.
610-323-B.jpg

https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-...=&start=&vfrom=&prev=&vnext=&category_list=:0

The '78 - '80 G body front disc rotors have 7/16" studs, the '81 - '87s have 12 mm. studs. The 7/16" studs have a larger diameter knurl than the metric. The 610-323 studs fit the metric, use ARP for the larger studs. be careful pressing them in, I cracked my hubs doing this, even after putting the studs in the freezer & hubs in the oven. I took a second set of hubs to a machine shop for proper fit.

I mentioned in my post I got that exact part number and they have too small of a knurl.

my bad.. i saw that, and then got back to it about 10 minutes later and forogt what i was doing..

since you've already got the studs,you could get a set of junkyard rotors from a newer car with the correct hole diameter and make hubs out of them.

I had a similar problem with my baer brakes. I used ARP studs for a Lexus 300 and had the spindle holes drilled out with a 14 mm bit.