Help me diagnose my miss!!!

FattyMcTrickle

So I am pretty stumped, heres my situation.

The car misses like crazy at idle and will die when given gas. Here's the whole story.

The car has been sitting for about three months now as I've been slowly working on it. It ran like a top before I parked it.

Here's my setup.
Stock Motor/Heads
Stock Intake, Doghouse, Throttle Body
GT6152S Turbo
Spearco Stock location intercooler
60LBS Montrons
Walbo 340 Fuel pump with oldschool hotwire
LS1 3.5in MAF with translator
Accufab Adj fuel pressure regulator
Fuel Pressure guage on the rail
Full Throttle Speed Extender Extreme Chip

So at idle the car misses like mad the plugs and wires were working fine when it was parked so I'm weary to suspect them. I have gone over all the vacuum lines and they are all new or in great shape. I am 95% sure the problem is with fuel delivery as the car is running absolutely pig rich and blow's soot like an untuned Mitsu Evolution and I cannot get the fuel pressure to sit stable (guage needle jumps) or get it to go below 48PSI. With the regulator adjusted all the way out it is still at 48 with the vacuum line on or off. I put the stock fuel pressure regulator back on and the pressure still stayed at 48 with the vacuum line on or off and still jumped around. But it misses so bad it barely pulls any vacuum so I'm not sure if that is relevant. Also some food for thought I have eliminated the charcol canister and just have the line from the fuel tank hanging.

My next step is to get some brake clean and spray around looking for vacuum leaks and get some scanmaster readings to post up.

Bad gas or outta gas?

Guy here in town had the same issue, for some odd reason, these ole buicks wont run too well on water.

Ill be damned if he didnt just fill it up, and there was WATER in the fuel,.. it ran alot better with a can of wd-40 going down the t-body.

Pull the up pipe off and unplug the maf sensor, see if it clears up then.
If not, try the wd-40 trick.

Maybe the maf is in backwards, that will be really rich.
BW

sounds like a maf to me. try it with another maf and if it don't clear up, then try another computer and see what happends. its good to have other buicks in the neiborhood.

Well I dropped my fuel tank again and found that the return line was partially smashed between the tank and the body. I moved it and put the tank back up more carefully this time. Started right up and idled smoother then it ever has. But I still am having trouble getting the fuel pressure down, it will not go below 51psi with the vacuum line connected or disconnected.

When the car is running and you do have vacuum on the small hose to the fuel pressure regulator, does the pressure lower at all with the small hose on the regulator?

Does the pressure change at all with or without the hose?
BW

There is vacuum present (I can feel it sucking against my finger) and the fuel pressure doesn't change with the line put on or taken off. I also loose all fuel pressure imediatly after shutting down.

Just to check my work is the fuel pressure guage installed right? Its a guage right on the end of the rail, I took out the schrader valve and used an adapter and a 90* elbow then the liquid filled guage just sittin right there. Is that correct?

There is vacuum present (I can feel it sucking against my finger) and the fuel pressure doesn't change with the line put on or taken off. I also loose all fuel pressure imediatly after shutting down.

Just to check my work is the fuel pressure guage installed right? Its a guage right on the end of the rail, I took out the schrader valve and used an adapter and a 90* elbow then the liquid filled guage just sittin right there. Is that correct?

Thats all good on the FP gauge.

Sounds like your still over powering your return line for some reasone.

Take a look at the two fuel lines that come off the frame by the power stering pump. One is the feed and one is return. Mabye return line is kinked right there. How do the lines look under the car? Rusty? May need to run a new return if you can't locate the restriction.

Loosing FP after shut off is probley the check valve in the pump. Not the end of the world.

Well the car runs better with the MAF unplugged but the fuel pressure is still too high. The soft line on top of the tank was squashed a little but I moved it the groove its supposed to run through, the pressure is lower but still about 55psi with the vacuum line on or off. I also blew some air through the line, it sounded like there was something in there that it blew out but it didn't change anything.