Help!, lost control of boost level

litz

Have Turbonetics racegate, 70mm turbo and plenum, along with PTE front mount, shrader valve to adjust boost level. all working well until I gutted the cat converter. Now, I experience Knock, determined to be result of 91 octane here in CA and running too much boost. I am now unable to dial the boost
down. It runs above 15psi, I let off the pedal about 15-16psi, but I am not even at WOT yet and not running very long, 4-5 secs max, boost wants to keep climbing, do not know how far it will go. Why is the boost running so high? I used to be able to dial it down to 8 or 10lbs when I would let the wife drive it, now, no control! any ideas of what to look for are appreciated.

OK All fixed, thanks to my local Buick Guru Neal Steward!!!! thanks Neal.

Problem was that the exhaust port on the turbo housing feeding the waste gate was too small. The hole on the exhaust flange was 1.3 inches and the outlet on the turbo was only 0.8, so I removed the turbo housing, and enlarged the hole using a grinding stone on my electric drill. Reassembled everything and it is all fine now.

The reason I had this problem is that I gutted the cat and by doing this reduced the back pressure, then I did not have enough exhaust gas feeding the waste gate to get it to open.

I would have never thought of looking at the Turbo housing for the problem, thanks Neal, you are a Buick GOD!:D