help - I'm an idiot

jooset

I was adding some zylene to my tank when the tip of my funnel went plop! I didn't even realize that there was two pieces to it. About a 2 inch piece of plastic went right in and it's not stuck in the elbow either. Am I done driving? Do I need to drain the whole tank and go in and get it. $#@%&!

Matt

How big is the tip of the funnel? Obviously small enough to make it pass the neck. I'm just wondering what harm there would be in driving the car with it in there.. it's just floating around, it's not going to block up the pump or get past the filters.

Or you could simply drain the tank. Take the shrader valve off the fuel rail up front, run a hose to a tank and turn on the fuel pump.

Me, I would drive it. Worse case maybe it will jam in the sending unit arm but that would be a 1,000,000 to 1 chance, give or take a couple

Originally posted by garysol1
Me, I would drive it. Worse case maybe it will jam in the sending unit arm but that would be a 1,000,000 to 1 chance, give or take a couple

I agree, unless it can get past the fuel sock there won't be any problem. Since it was from a funnel it shouldn't break down in the gas.

I noticed in your sig it doesn't say anything about an aftermarket fuel pump, maybe you have an excuse now.:D

You want to first cut open the tank with a torch ....................then BOOM , just kidding it should be ok .

Thanks for the replies. I was going to the track tonight, but for this and other reasons - I'll wait.

The walbro and hot wire will be going in after I get the tank down low - like you said, no better excuse to get into the tank.

Matt