Help! Idle issues....

WhoNds8

Allright, I know I'm gonna here that I have more injector than needed but I wanted to be totally safe for now, till I build my other engine. The car has a stock longblock, no cam or ported heads, and you will see the other new mods in my sig. I just put a Batch Accel unit in and cannot get this thing to idle at all. I am VERY new to DFI, so I really have my hands full, this thing is pig rich at idle, the plugs were a little fouled and it's puffing black smoke out the pipes. So my question is, does anyone have a good Batch DFI program for 72's and a stock cam and heads, that they would be willing to help me out with? PLEASE. Next step is to buy a heated O2, and change the plugs and oil, and try this again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....thanks

Call ASSC Racing in Lake Bluff Ill. DFI 6.0 + new user could = meltdown. Pay them to tune it and you will be better off. 847-473-4720

I think you hit the nail on the head when you put the question up. For the engine you have, I do not think you will be able to get it to idle well with 72 lb injectors with that system. Probably not the answer you want to hear, but that is my opinion.