Help identifying connectors under dash

87gninpa

Putting the original steering column back in my car and have a few unidentified connectors under the dash (see pic):

Jumper Wire: What is this connector and why is there a "jumper" wire there. Must have been like that since I got the car 10 years ago, it was wrapped in electrical tape and never noticed it.

Connector #1 & Connector #2 - What are these?

Cruise Control - Where does the CC connector plug in?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0340.JPG
    IMG_0340.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 174
Thanks guys. Drove the car earlier and everything was OK even with all of those unplugged. Ill get back to them tomorrow.

What about the connector on the left that was jumped? Kind of strange, I can tell it was getting hot as the connector was melted a bit.

Thanks, that would be great. Ill get a better shot of the wires going to that connector when I get a chance (hopefully tomorrow)

Do you have a scanmaster? The "jumper wire" looks like a power to the scanmaster.

Yea, have a Scanmaster hooked up. That connector was stuffed up in the fuse box area wrapped in electrical tape. Whatever the jumper was doing its not anymore because it split in the middle. Kind of strange as I bought the car from the original owner and it was bone stock when I bought it. He never mentioned anything about any wiring work under the dash and Im 100% sure its not factory.

If you have any luck identifying the connector with the jumper in let me know. I'm new here with a stock 87 gn. I have the exact connector wrapped in black tape and when I unwrapped it there was the jumper. Absolutely nothing altered under the dash on this car except this connector. The only thing on the car that doesn't work is the factory alarm.

Thanks so much Eric, so its supposed to be like that? Glad theres people with your knowledge on the board here. Also glad to hear the car isnt hacked up.