Help ID This intercooler and some other intercooler questions

WH1_T-Type

Got this intercooler today. Previous owner (board member Johnny1313) was told it supports up to 750hp. Anyone recognize it?

There are some bent fins on it and I am working on pulling them out as straight as I can.

How do I go about getting the right tubes to mount this on my T-type? Am i goning to need to fabricate some brackets or should it work with stock brackets?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 225
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 214
  • IMAG0139.jpg
    IMAG0139.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 212
  • IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 207
For some reason when I saw the pic Kenne Bell came to mind, looking at the end tanks and welds, it looks like a homeade job though.

Hmm..interesting. Would that really matter if it works and flows well? On that note: is it possible to get an intercooler flow tested? If so; would a regular performance shop be able to handle something like that? Or maybe a vendor on the board?

EDIT: also is there a way to test how much the intercooler will dissipate heat?

Looks like an ebay front mount to me. Yes custom fab some brackets and pipes. It will work just fine. Follow test it in the real world on the car.

I thought the front mounts had the pipes come out either opposite sides or on the bottoms, not the same side? I was thinking a generic SLIC? I'm gonna look on ebay though, thanks Steve.

Going to Home Depot today to get some PVC piping to do some mock up piping as a SLIC. Or would it be better to set it up as a FMIC?

Guess it wouldn't really matter if I mounted it as FM or SL...I'm thinking FM would be easier to do the brackets..but would cost more for the piping to be done up when I have the fabbing done..hmmm

Maybe easier to buy one that actually fits without fabrication,but you can mount it either way depending on your creativity.