Help, i forgot my Password for Windows XP

Sal 87WE2

--NONE--
Hey all, we have a computer in my son's room and we havent used it in a long time. I cant for the life of me remember the Admin password!! We need to access some autocad files for my wife's school. I can get in on my son's account but not the Administrator account. i tried ophcrack and nothing, anyone have a surefire way to get in? All help is GREATLY appreicated!!

pull the hard drive, put the jumper to "slave", and install it in your main computer. you can then access all the files on it and get at what you need.

You can use a utility called "unetbootin" to create a bootable usb drive to boot into whichever distribution of linux you prefer. From there you can access your files. Or you could also copy and paste the cmd.exe to overwrite the ease of access utility, then boot into xp, open the utility on the log in screen with whatever hotkey it is (which now really opens the command prompt), create an administrative user since the command prompt will have admin power, and then log in to the new account with full control ;)

Download ultimate boot CD it has password recovery tools. You boot from the CD and one of the tools allows you to reset your windows password.

pull the hard drive, put the jumper to "slave", and install it in your main computer. you can then access all the files on it and get at what you need.

OK, i removed the hard drive from my sons computer and installed it in place of my DVD-ROM on my desktop. The jumper was set to 'cable select' so i left there and worked like a champ! Now i will try the other options listed here before i re-install windows...

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!!

I will post back with results of the password recovery tools.