HELP! Fuel Pressure PROBLEM

89drivin87

Goin' Fast With Class
Thanks for looking, Im going to lay the whole story out so any information would be great.

The car went low 8's in the eighth at 17 psi and the only problem i had was traction.The car came with an alky kit that i decided to tryout and turned the boost up to 22 psi and running pure methanol.Got a new chip burned from eric, put it in and everything was great. 02s were a little lean but reasonable, no KR and fuel pressure was perfect.

Took it to a local track that doesnt have a timing system jus basicly race your buddy which i thought was perfect for dialing the car in. First pass i ease out of the hole and at about 1/2 throttle the car hit 19.9 KR.i let off and it slowly comes down.like i let off as soon as it read KR and by the time i was at the end of the eighth it jus zeroed out.my thoughts were some kind of fluke let the car cool for 20 minutes tried it again, same exact thing.

Got really upset and drove it out of the track and jumped on the Highway to see what was happening in the top of third because i never got out of first at the track. first run no KR.ok second run no KR.i have a full tank of gas during all of this.I slowed the car down to about thirty and as soon as i floored it the car got some knock i let off.I hit the recall on my fuel pressure gauge at the high side was 55psi. My line off pressure is 43. so the high side should be 65 psi.So that bothered me.Talked to a few of my buick buddies and they suggested on checking the fuel pump to see what kind of pump it truly is.

Droped the tank and the pump had no markings on it of any kind some im guessing some kind of stock replacment.But it worked fine before the alky but no questions I change it.I put in a proven walbro gss242 which is an old style pump that is good for 200 lph from what ive read.Clean the tank up a little. Hook up everything and without question i thought the problem was fixed.Take it on the highway car pulled hard no KR o2s were a little low again but i thought problem was fixed.Hit the recall on the gauge and high was 57 psi.couldnt believe it.Made another pull same thing.low o2s and no KR but 57 psi. Im guessing all the methanol im spraying is supressing the KR but still no solution for the low Fuel pressure

Ive checked fuel lines,volts,relays,gas lines,hot wire power line,hotwire fuse, everything i can think of. car has fairly new accufab fuel pressure regulator.ive talked to alot of people about this issue and nothing, ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT!!!!
I KNOW ITS LONG BUT DIDNT WANNA LEAVE ANYTHING OUT, BUT I PROBABLY DID
THANKS FOR READING

just had the same problem. i thought my pump was out. so some member suggested i change out the fuel filter out with a new one and it fixed my problem..try that see if it helps

either the fuel filter or try swaping the regualtor out and make sure the line going to the regualtor doesnt have any small pin holes in it.