Help! Fuel leaking from Vapor Canister!

NoVaGN84

Hey guys I need your help for this one. my fuel vapoer canister is leaking. Do you think it could be the vacuum solenoid on the valve cover? I'm going to check if the holes are clean inside the vacuum block. I don't know why I would get gas up there since its just a vent line to the tnk? Unless its not reaching the engine. Oh and when I'm at stop lights my engine throws a code 44. I'm guessing this has something to do with it. Btw I have newer charcoal filter. New purge valve solenoid. New MAF. New IAC motor. Checked my lines to tank. Nothings crossed. New EGR. New delco O2 sensor. Thanks in advance! Paul

If raw fuel is coming out of it then you've over filled the tank. Did that many time in the 80's/90's when it was cheap. Now I don't. Check the capacity of the tank against what you put in it. High temps can cause this as well.

hmm

I never over fill it. High temps. Idk how when it does it evan at a quarter to half tank

fuel cap

Get a vented fuel cap or drill a small hole in yours. Mine did it when I put the doublepumper in Mike

vented gas cap?

Won't the vented gas cap throw off an engine code? But it sounds like a good idea because I recently chaged my gas cap because the guy at a shop said I needed one to pass my emissions test...but since then its been leaking fuel from the charcoal canister? Idk. Ill def try the gas cap. Thanks bro. Been drivin me crazy for a couple summers.

Did you recently do a fuel pump?

I have seen this a few times and each time it has been the high pressure hose above the fuel pump leaking and spraying fuel at the vent hole next to it.

There is really no other way to get raw fuel there. Time to drop the tank.

I bet your fuel pressure drops like a rock as soon as the pump is turned off.