Help Fixing Loose Doors

UmadBro

Well, just as the title says I need some advice on fixing my doors.

When the window is completely rolled up the doors don't make noise. But when they are cracked even just a tiny bit, everything in the door shakes like crazy when I go over a bump.

I was just wondering if any had a solution for this. Or if taking the door apart and replacing the pins and maybe replacing the weather stripping would fix it.

Hey Man,
My Grand Prix does this as well. It's referred to as window rattle. The folks over at gbodyparts.com have a kit for like $35.00 that fixes it real nice. I used one on a friends 84 T and it worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

Kirbans, Gbody, and a few other places carry an anti rattle kit for the windows. Do a search for window rattle and you should find a few good threads about fixing it.:)

Where is it on the gbodyparts website?

And thanks charlie I am googling it right now lol.

You guys think that fixing my window will stop all the rattling? It seems like the whole door is just loosely put together

It's a common issue with the G body platform and it's mostly due to adjustment and wear. There was even a guy that came to the Buick nats every year and did nothing but fix the rattles in the doors.

ok cool. Also, will it make my window stay on track? When I roll it up all the way it misses its spot in the roof and leaves a big gap

Well I will be taking apart the doors tomorrow to see what the problem is before I get a kit or anything like that but thanks this will definitely be plan B if I end up not being able to fix any of it.

Also, my dashboard shakes or shifts around a lot while driving so I was thinking of trying to get that apart tomorrow too. For some reason I feel like the speedometer cable is rattling or loosing in there if that's even possible.
Anyone know of any problem spots I should look for in the dash?

To fix the dash rattle open the hood and put some grease on the rubber bumper at the cowl directly behind the engine. Common problem that I need to do with mine again.

David