Help figuring out whats what and what goes where

85_Riv_T

Just a 4100lbs T-type
First I would like to say sorry for the no replys on people that have tried to help me I have been out to sea a lot this past month. Here are some pics of the fire damage. I dont think I need to replace my engine because it starts and all elec works. So if there is anyone with some info on what is what and what goes where that would be awesome.

pic one... random relay by the heater/ac relays
pic two... pass side hole by valve cover opp of pcv on intake
pic three. two random wires comming out of same place as knock sensor wire
pic four... vac block (dont know what goes where)
pic five... wastegate, two knobs, what vac line goes to it and then where from there

Attachments

• IM003583.jpg
    IM003583.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 224
  • IM003584.jpg
    IM003584.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 220
  • IM003585.jpg
    IM003585.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 211
  • IM003586.jpg
    IM003586.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IM003587.jpg
    IM003587.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 224
You need a factory wiring and vacum diagram. Check around under the hood, you should (may) have a vacum line routing diagram to work off of. Get several feet of different size vacum line from the parts store and change them out one at a time according to the diagram. That module that is roasted is the ESC unit, and it looks like you need to replace it due to the damage. What caused the fire? That is the question you need to answer. Without knowing why or how this took place, you are probably going to find out the hard way. What blew out of the valve cover or intake? This looks like an oil fire of some sort, and crankcase pressure can force vapors and oil mists, and even raw oil, to escape from the engine. This could be the cause. Counterman.

well i got all the vac. lines replaced, looks like i will need injectors and the injectors wiring harness for the passenger side. still dont know what went in the side of the intake that blow out and caused the fire. For sure will be buying a new ESC (not really sure what it does) ill keep you guys posted!

Man who wont look under the hood for the vacuum diagram? :eek: lol well i almost forgot to tell you to put radiator hoses on the list of stuff to get! i'll look around tonight and see if i cant find the injector harness! We'll have her back on the road in no time. well that is if we know what goes in that hole! a plug??? (wont that blow right back out?) maybe another PVC valve?

You seriously need to decide if you want your car to burn to the ground or not!!! You need to figure out what caused the first fire in the first place before you just start replacing parts and try to drive it. You need a wiring diagram, a vacuum diagram, and you need to really take your time and check out everything.

Man who wont look under the hood for the vacuum diagram? :eek: lol well i almost forgot to tell you to put radiator hoses on the list of stuff to get! i'll look around tonight and see if i cant find the injector harness! We'll have her back on the road in no time. well that is if we know what goes in that hole! a plug??? (wont that blow right back out?) maybe another PVC valve?

HAHA buddy!! lol The vac diagram was burnt ( i know it should be on the fan shroud) :D also i was thinking another PVC valve but there is nothing to hook it up to.... possible that it was some sort of breather?.....The hole IS where the oil came out and started the fire. It leads right down to the down pipe and cat. Funny thing is I havnt added oil to it and there is still a full thing of oil in there. I think it just let enough out for a fire to start. I may need a crank sensor and camshaft sensor :( we will see in about 2 weeks for the reason of $$$.