Help..extra accumulator pin?

Firechicken

Hey guys, I decided to install a TCI clone (I copied the TCI sep plate holes into the trans sep plate and used the pressure reg spring and line bias block rod from the TCI kit) shiftkit today in my driveway. What a pain. Anyway, after bolting the valvebody back in place, in the bottom of my drain pan was a pin that looks just like the 3-4 accumulator piston pin. I thought the pin might have dropped out while I was getting the valvebody ready, so I went ahead and took it all apart again, only to find out that the pin is where it should be.

So I checked the 1-2 accumulator, and its pin is in place as well. Where did this pin from hell come from? I have gone through the ATSG book and can't find a diagram showing an "accumulator style" pin anywhere!

Please help, I want to put this thing back together again in the morning.

Thanks in advance

Aww none of you have seen or have any idea where this pin is supposed to go?

It looks like the pin in the 3-4 accumulator, and the 1-2 accumulator, but isn't either one.

Help please. :(

Well, I took my pin to the local tranny shop here and none of the 5 tranny guys knew where it comes from. It is a bit too long to be an accumulator pin from a 2004r they said.

So anyway, I am putting it back together now and will hope for the best. LOL If she blows, she blows. I'll keep you posted. :)

Well I think I know where the pin came from. I was using a drain pan my brtoher had been using to take apart a front drive tranny. I think the pin was lodged in the drain spout and when I jostled the pan, it became dislodged and sat at the bottom of the pan.

Anyway, lots of worry for nothing.

By the way, my attempt at cloning the TCI shift kit failed miserably. The only step I did not follow was to remove the 1-2 accumulator piston. The end result is a tranny that will not shift out of second either manually or automatically. I did however turn my 3-4 accumulator upside down as in the picture for the TCI kit, despite the fact that the ATSG manual says for that year and code transmission, the accumulaor should be the way it was...with piston on top and spring resting on sep plate. Otherwise, I am not sure why the tranny doesn't shift properly.

haha Anyway I guess tomorrow I will have another transmission fluid shower and try again. :)