help diagnose classic fast seq. issue (no start, no 02 recog.)

kidglok

Balls Deep
im having issues with a classic fast i purchased on the board, the original person i bought it from is helping me as well trying to figure this out and im hoping some others can give me an idea as well.
1. the 02 sensor will not recognize in the box (called fast they will send me a calibration file)
2. when we try to start the car it will not turn over, sounds almost like the injectors are out of time...checked cam sensor and its dead on 25atdc #1 compression.

now the kicker is when we plug in a classic b2b box, car starts right up no issues and idles like a baby. We used the same tune for both boxes.

person i purchased it from says it worked fine before he pulled it out. Is there anything else that can cause a sequential box not to work but a b2b to work fine? Unless of course its a bad box?

Assuming the box is good. I am also assuming you are changing the O2 to match the box as well when you say you can just swap the box and have it run bank to bank. I am sure you know you have to match the O2 to the box unless it has been updated by Cal or FAST to work with any O2. Those assumptions out of the way.

I have seen software get corrupted and changed my configuration parameters including changed it to a V8. This instance was same car, same box, but something got corrupted and changed some really strange stuff. I reloaded the software on my laptop and reloaded an old gtc file got it going. Take a look at the basic stuff you haven't messed with since you first went to FAST see if any of that has changed. Just a place to start. Good luck

im having issues with a classic fast i purchased on the board, the original person i bought it from is helping me as well trying to figure this out and im hoping some others can give me an idea as well.
1. the 02 sensor will not recognize in the box (called fast they will send me a calibration file)
2. when we try to start the car it will not turn over, sounds almost like the injectors are out of time...checked cam sensor and its dead on 25atdc #1 compression.

now the kicker is when we plug in a classic b2b box, car starts right up no issues and idles like a baby. We used the same tune for both boxes.

person i purchased it from says it worked fine before he pulled it out. Is there anything else that can cause a sequential box not to work but a b2b to work fine? Unless of course its a bad box?

Assuming the box is good. I am also assuming you are changing the O2 to match the box as well when you say you can just swap the box and have it run bank to bank. I am sure you know you have to match the O2 to the box unless it has been updated by Cal or FAST to work with any O2. Those assumptions out of the way.

I have seen software get corrupted and changed my configuration parameters including changed it to a V8. This instance was same car, same box, but something got corrupted and changed some really strange stuff. I reloaded the software on my laptop and reloaded an old gtc file got it going. Take a look at the basic stuff you haven't messed with since you first went to FAST see if any of that has changed. Just a place to start. Good luck

I've seen this happen to a couple cars @ BG...Scary stuff when you consider they were both fast cars w/ lots of $$ invested.

Thanks for the info, the fuel tables, idle, spark, and cranking were all the same when I switched boxes, I verified this as I was looking through the tune to see if I changed something before loading it in. The operational parameters and fuel calcs are the same as well.

As far as the 02 I did not swap them when I tried the b2b box at first, it just ran in open loop not being able to read the sensor untill I installed the matching one.

update,

i sent the box into FAST for diag. and it turns out 2 of the injector drivers were bad. They fixed it up for me and sent it back so now all is good.