Help! car stalls as soon as it gets boost.

Oops, lol. Guys at the shop attempted to get fuel pressure but didn't have equipment on hand. I want to get an in line under the hood gauge next. But when I do, pressures should be 20 at idle and 50 psi's at cruise or open trottle, right? I've had the car since '95, put it up in '97 after an accident, got it out and running 2010 and just really learning about the car again. So what's KR?

Update: still having the same issue I got a log of it acting up if someone can look at it and let me know if anything looks out of the ordinary. heres what I've done so far. new plugs, new coilpack, and I upgraded to a heated o2 sensor no change in symptoms.

Attachments

• issues.dat
    535.3 KB · Views: 51
Fuel psi shold be about 43 with the vac line off and plugged. 20 won't get it done!

KR is knock retard.

Okay let me see if I understand how you verified the fuel pressure not being the problem.

You started the car and cranked the regulator all the way up and got 100 psi? If that is what you did you proved nothing other than the pump can produce pressure. You need to know if the pump can produce volume!!!!!! At idle or not running there isn't a large demand for volume. Pressure by definition is the resistance to flow. So imagine putting your thumb over the end of your garden hose. What happens with pressure and flow? Pressure goes up and flow goes down.

You have to fine out if your pump can produce the volume of fuel at the pressure that is required. Crank the pressure up to say 60psi and take it for a spin and get the boost up to 10psi and see what it does with a fuel pressure gauge taped to the windshield. If the fp drops below 60psi you have a bad pump!

Fuel pressure doesn't drop when I get on. I Have a pressure gauge in the dash, its being monitored at all times.

So it doesn't drop off and it rises with the boost pressure?

Have you tried to tie the wastegate open and give it a full throttle blast? At least that way you will be able to take some things out of the equation.

cant tell it wont go into boost, what I do know is that from a cruise at around 15hg vacuum to 0psi it will rise about 3lbs of pressure. I will try unhooking the wastegate and run it to see what happens. i filed and tightened all the bolts and nuts to the coilpack as a last resort but it didnt change anything. while I was driving it, though i took a deep breath held it... and stabbed the throttle, and it killed the engine. no sputtering, no backfiring through intake or exhaust the car just dies. I did it a couple times to verify, but flooring it is just like turning the key off pretty much.

thinking spark issue?