Help car is running pig rich at idle

Future-GN-Owner

Boostaholic
Hey guys just pulled the GN out today to give her a bath and put her up for sale and apparently she didnt like that. Went to pull her back in the garage after snapping some pics and she was missing and running VERY rich, the 02s are staying at 945 on the Scanmaster and you can pretty much smell raw gas. I swapped the coil pack and ignition module with new ones and the miss seems gone but it is still very rich and idling fast. Just wondering where I should start in the troubling shooting process. There is an adjustable FP regulator and its right at about 40psi w/ vacumn line on. Tomorrow I plan on trying one of my other chips (just in case) and cleaning the MAF sensor and checking the TPS voltage but I dont think any of those are my culprit. Thanks in advance guys and let me know if you need any other Scanmaster readings

Well i think you may not have a problem, my car does that until it get really hot. Your fuel psi is high when car is cold, and drops as it get hotter. My car never get hot until i drive it for awhile. I think when i did away with the EGR it does it more.

It has never done it before but since this has happened I have not let it run very long since something doesnt seem right. I did just go out there and turn the key on and flipped to TPS on the Scanmaster and it is reading .92 which I know is high so maybe I will take my voltmeter and adjust it to .40-.46 and see if that helps anything :confused:

Just hooked up the meter and it was at .76 and higher :eek: I did get it adjusted down to .42 and the car is still idling at 1750rpms and the O2s still stay at 945 and that is even after a minute or two of running in the garage it never kicks down or anything :confused: Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated

I assume you re-adjusted your IAC after the TPS adjustment? If not that could be where your high idle is coming from.

Actually no I did not is there a how-to somewhere on adjusting that? I figure I might as well clean it too. Where is it located?

make sure the throttle is really closing. A misadjusted cruise control cable can hold the throttle slightly open.

Any trouble codes?

No trouble codes yet. I am going to pull it out today and let it run for a little bit and check the IAC numbers and then once I find a procedure on adjusting the IAC I will try that.