Help, Bruce?

PJracing

Is this tranny related? I have a slight surging or pulsating feeling at cruse speed. I've droped it down into drive and it's still there. Any ideas and or fixes?

Thanks in advance
Paul

Also for what it's worth, I just went out and installed a switch to lock up the converter and It's still doing the same thing.

Well it could be tranny related. Have you tried temporarily disconnecting the lock-up altogether?

Then again, it could be a miss, a dirty injector,...

I was wondering if anything ever came of this? I think I have the same thing. When I am cruising, usually in 3 or OD, and barely on the gas, there is a slight erratic pulsing in the car, it is slightly audible too. When I give it some gas, it's fine, of if I come off the gas completely, it's fine. It only happens with a tiny bit of gas pedal pressure. I've dismissed it as a problem not to worry about so far. I have 009's that are only a year old and have about 1000 miles on them, and I kind of doubt it's directly related to my tranny since I think it used to do it with my old tranny and now it does it (slightly more noticeably) with my new built up tranny.

I would lean towards not trans. What does a scan tool tell you?

Everything looks fine on the scanmaster... I was watching the revs on it to see if there was a noticeable "dip" in them when it happens, but there either is not, or the shudder is too fast and the scanmaster is too slow to pick up the quick drop and rise. I'll go through the #'s again while cruising just right so it does it, but I think all the #'s look fine.

No....

Not Scanmaster, "Scan tool"...real time...... Humungous difference....

What scan tool?

Probably not the best place to ask this, but since you brought it up, which scan tool do you recommend? ;)

I currently have TurboLink 3.0....

I am NOT the best person to ask this of. Ask around. Try General Tech..:D

Bruce
WE4

Not important.....just wondering

I have no plans of buying another scan tool....was just wondering what you use.

I have a scanmaster in the car. I have an OTC 4000 that everyday I learn something new on how to do. Novice at best. I also have obtained a direct scan but have never used it. It sure does look good in the box on the shelf in my office tho....:D

I am no tuner. Not to the hilt anyway. I can do enough to get by and cure drivability problems but race set up tune, you want ANYBODY but ME!!!! LOL.

Later

Bruce
We4