Help - bleeding power steering system

DAE

dazed and confused
I am trying to bleed the power steering system and I can't seem to get the air bubbles to stop. After twenty turns of the steering wheel - lock to lock - the power steering reservoir keeps blimping air. So I keep going, and the air is still blimping out of the reservoir, especially when I turn the steering wheel to the extreme left.

Has anyone gone through this before or know why this is happening? Any helpful information is really appreciated.

FYI reservoir and line is updated with the recommended replacement.

TIA

wow - It shouldn't be that tough.
Sounds like you're sucking air some where
check your lines (again - I'm sure you have already...)

This is fustrating.... Checked and double checked my lines.

Do you think it could be the steering pump or the steering box causing the air pocket. It seem as though there is an air pocket or something creating the air in the system. I don't know what??

Is there something I can try before I start replacing things...

I'd say the only other alternative is a bad component (pump or box)
Does the power steering work? Is it noisy? Is there any other indication that there is a problem other than what you see? (how's it function?)
There is alot of movement in the fluid in the reservoir...if everything works fine and is not (to) noisy, I'd say just run it.
If things aren't working right, I'd start with the pump..not likely that the box is the problem.

When I couldn't get mine to bleed, I found one of the lines was kinked and had to replace it.

Thanks for the replies.

Zam70 to answer your questions, the operation of the steering when the engine is on, is jerky and not smooth when I turn the steering wheel. Jerky like smooth-hard-smooth-hard sensation when I turn. There is only a slight noise during throttle and more noise at the extreme turns of the steering wheel.

The steering fluid clearly goes down when the engine is started and up when engine is off - that is why I'm suspecting it is an air pocket somewhere.

I will check my lines again and see what is going on....

Thanks for everyone who responded. I ended up changing the power steering pump and everything is fine. I can bleed the system and there is no noise.