help adjusting TPS sensor

spoolinV6

Just picked up a scanmaster and noticed my tps needed resetting. I brought it up to .44 idle but when I try and adjust it to 4.6-4.8 for WOT it changes the idle setting too. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a faulty tps sensor??

another thing i noticed while cruising is that my o2 readings jump around anywhere from 50-820, which can't be right. the car has a test pipe on it in replace of the cat...could that be why?? Other than that car runs fine. Thanks.

Dont try it withteh engine running.

Key on NO START
Scroll SM to TPS screen
TPS loosen screws just enough to move it with a lil effort
Pull TPS all the forward and then with it forward move up or down to get in the adj for .44-.46 idle and 4.5-4.6 WOT.

Once thats achieved you may noticed that it reads a lil higher with the engine running and thats normal if its.
.48 idle with engine running I would lower

02 sensor...how long has it been in the car?
Whtas your chip?

Just picked up a scanmaster and noticed my tps needed resetting. I brought it up to .44 idle but when I try and adjust it to 4.6-4.8 for WOT it changes the idle setting too. Am I doing something wrong or do I have a faulty tps sensor??

another thing i noticed while cruising is that my o2 readings jump around anywhere from 50-820, which can't be right. the car has a test pipe on it in replace of the cat...could that be why?? Other than that car runs fine. Thanks.

Sometimes you can adjjust the TPS for WOT first, once you get it at enrichment, go back and tap on it untill you get idle setting then tighten and double check

O2 is fine, it will jump around just as you describe, its reading adjustments, while at a light in gear the TT chip should peg out 750, 780, 800 etc untill you start cruising again then it will jump around.

Go for a cruise and see what your short trim is INT and long BLM

Ok I'm going to try resetting the tps again...right now it is at .44 idle and 3.8 wot

rest of my readings...what ya think??
ats 97
rpm 750
iac 16-18
cc 187
af 04
L8 32
Int 128
bL 123
bat 13.4
mal 00

Ok I'm going to try resetting the tps again...right now it is at .44 idle and 3.8 wot

rest of my readings...what ya think??
ats 97
rpm 750
iac 16-18
cc 187
af 04
L8 32
Int 128
bL 123
bat 13.4
mal 00
your CC is cross counts which show cycles of your O2, 0-255 then back again, if your O2 is getting lazy and needing replacement it will show on CC with slugish climb through the cycle but only after its warm, just food for thought.

INT is perfect at 128 and BLM is fine...it can show plus or minus 10 from 128

My IAC is set at 19, some cars like less some like more.

HTH

i loosen the top screw and tap up or down lightly to get th eidle then i tighten it when i get .42 then i loosen the bottom screw and do my wot adjustment. found this out by accident and it is the easiest way to do it

Ok so i adjusted the tps to 4.5 at wot. i took her out for a little run and when i floored it she pulled hard but i saw 8 degrees of knock on the scanny...SH*T!! any you other guys start seeing knock after a tps adjustment? not a big problem though, i can just start adding some fuel right??

Ok so i adjusted the tps to 4.5 at wot. i took her out for a little run and when i floored it she pulled hard but i saw 8 degrees of knock on the scanny...SH*T!! any you other guys start seeing knock after a tps adjustment? not a big problem though, i can just start adding some fuel right??

take it out, put er to the wood and note what your boost and O2s are @WOT..... 1st into 2nd you should not get much if any, most the time its going into 3rd gear, if your O2's are in the 800's then its time for Alky to suppress knock, if your O2's are in the low to mid 700's then try adding some fuel per TT instructions.

Are your plugs gapped at .32?

hth

Going from a misadjusted TPS to a correct one that is now putting the chipp into PE (Power Enrichment/max fuel and timing) will show the KR.

As stated see what you 02's are. But BEFORE that see what your boost level is.

You sig shows a pretty standard bolt on. The boost should be set too what the chip is burned for.

Fuel psi set for the chip as well

Going from a misadjusted TPS to a correct one that is now putting the chipp into PE (Power Enrichment/max fuel and timing) will show the KR.

As stated see what you 02's are. But BEFORE that see what your boost level is.

You sig shows a pretty standard bolt on. The boost should be set too what the chip is burned for.

Fuel psi set for the chip as well

take it out, put er to the wood and note what your boost and O2s are @WOT..... 1st into 2nd you should not get much if any, most the time its going into 3rd gear, if your O2's are in the 800's then its time for Alky to suppress knock, if your O2's are in the low to mid 700's then try adding some fuel per TT instructions.

Are your plugs gapped at .32?

hth

will do. thanks for the help

finally installed a boost gauge and it reads 13-14psi at WOT, fuel pressure set @ 42-43, no knock. O2's are mid-high 700's at WOT. I think its time i get a boost controller so i can squeeze a bit more boost outta her...right?

finally installed a boost gauge and it reads 13-14psi at WOT, fuel pressure set @ 42-43, no knock. O2's are mid-high 700's at WOT. I think its time i get a boost controller so i can squeeze a bit more boost outta her...right?

tune for knock, learn the diff between real and false knock, false will jump right up to a number, real will climb, if any false knock occurs, check for stuff hitting like downpipe on control arm etc

learn your TT settings via scanmaster, give it a few #s of boost, one full turn on actuator rod= 1# or so

take it out and note your O2's, your shooting for 17 to 18#s boost and good O2's..if low O2's at 17#s.. go into TT settings and add some fuel then test again.... Dont make huge leap... tune in increments

will do...i havent really messed around with the chip yet but whats the difference between adjusting fuel via TT chip and adjusting the fpr??