help...a little rich?

nboost

I spent most of my afternoon yeaterday trying to see exactly why im having a stumbly and rich cold start. I set my IAC since it was at 130 before now it reads anywhere from 15-20. TPS was set at .42. I even took the upper plenum off to see if I had a leaky injector after priming the fuel rail several times and whatched each port closley.....no drips...
At cruise i get only about 10 inches of vacuum and at idle in park, 15. Is this ok? Blm's are in the 117 range at idle and INT is 111-117 is this ok?
I took it for a burst up the street and it pulled very good. However i think i got some false knock since it read 9.2 KR:eek:@22p.s.i. I quickly let off and heard some radiling underneath the hood which i believe is my Turbo cover that i tried to alter to fit my pt-54 so im giong to take that off later. I do have alky as well just incase it crossed your mind.
Soooo, my fellow buick brothers, what do you think is wrong with my car, or is it ok?
BTW O2's at idle, warm, are in the 835-860 range:confused:
I also put my new denso o2 in as well as cleaned the piss out of my TB and IAC.

I am sort of chasing the same issue, I have a new upper plenum gasket coming because there might have been a leak the pass rear (gaskey was oily and bolt was stripped) I was not aware you could check for leaky injectors that way!? How do you do it? Just prime the system and look for drips?

I am also in the midst of replacing all of the vacuum lines.

Jeff,
Is it rich at WOT also? If so, you might try dropping the fuel pressure about 3-4psi. Do you know where its set now?

Regards,
Eric

yeah i was told to just prime the line by turning the key and look for drips....i had nothing...
Eric, good to hear from you since your my chip man. Yesterday when i got on it, i had 750 o2's on the recall and 2.1 KR WOT
Should i increase pump pressure and add more alky at the topend? If so wheres the screw on the shurflo pump? Other than that, it is still rich just on the bottem end...
BTW..FP is set right now at 45 static