Hello there! New member from AL...

turbokinetic

Hey folks I'm David, 32y/o, work for a Caterpillar dealer in Alabama and have many and varied interests. Most of my hobbies center around cars, electronics, and helping other people learn on both the above! My job now is a dual roll as a trouleshooter and field service techncian; and trainer on AgChem equipment.

I've worked at a local car shop on BMW and Benzes, worked at a dairy, and spent the past 9 years on the road working on heavy equipment all over the southeast.

I have been a GM man for ever, but I do have a Ford company vehicle, a 2002 F450 Super Duty. It's a service truck and has been an incredible vehicle for over 300,000 miles. 7.3 all the way!!!!

This is a picture of me (after my first haircut in more than 10 years)...
david_face_sm.jpg

My vehicles are...

A 1983 Century, ex-diesel T-Type (wrecked and junked):
Crackup.jpg

A 1986 Century T-Type (clone) turbo intercooled (my primary car):
Gravelroad.jpg

And recently got a 1984 Century Olympia that is getting a turbo and EFI fuel injection conversion.

I found her in a junk yard in north AL and bought for about scrap value. Mostly original from 1984, 34,000 original miles, and an Olympic edition with all trim and good interior.

The turbo and EFI are installed and partially tuned but the engine is deteriorating and needs to be rebuilt. That's going to be my first "real" post. This car is the main reason I'm here, to learn about how I can reinforce this engine.

Here is a picture of how she was when I found her:
MVC-014F.JPG

Here's a couple pictures of the engine as it sits now:
Overview.jpg

Tubelines2.jpg

Also here's my 1972 Nova with EFI 305V8:
NovaFront.jpg

Here's my company vehicle, White Bessy the Service Truck. I've seen many a mile and made lots of happy customers working in this truck!
Truck_1.jpg

Lots of gadgets inside - I have been a custom car guy for years and this truck has been fully gadgetized and customized. Everything needed to work day or night and be self-sufficient.
panel_1.jpg

She's powered by a mighty (and slightly boosted) 7.3 PowerStroke. In 300,000 miles she has needed a set of injectors, an oil pump, 2 water pumps, and a couple sets of alternator and belt tensioner bearings. You can see the 70 CFM VMAC VR70 rotary compressor and 200A alternator which not only powers the truck but doubles as a welder and 24V jump-starting system.
assembled_1.jpg

There is more about all my cars and other pictures in my web page. It's linked at my signature below.

Other online lists and forums I read are are A-Body.net, 60degreeV6.com, GM-ECM and DIY-EFI.org mailing lists, JYturbo mailing list, rarefwdgmabody list.

Thanks,
David

Lol! I've been accused of resembling various singers; but the limit of my musical ability is stretched simply turning on the radio!

I'm hoping to learn some some things to do to help my "before black" era hybrid engine in my 84 Century project car! If you have any ideas, look at my post in 'hybrids' section.

'Preciate it!!

David

Thanks. It has a way to go yet... Your ZNX project is a work of art, nice web site! With the hood up, that welded IC pipework up front looks "serious."

Did you look at my other Turbo Century, the 86 T-Type clone with the turbo intercooled 60° V6? It's no race car with "only" 300 HP but for a street ride it is pretty quick!

Welcome lots of good people on here to meet, and ask questions about turbo Regals or just about anything else