hello, new member from South Los Angeles area

Early_Grace

Last month, purchased an '87 GN. Fairly low mileage car with 55k. The car looks well taken care of for the most part. Previous owner had done some things to it on my signature. But the car is dog slow...I mean, I could outrun it no problem in my basically stock '04 Duramax (PPE programmed on 90hp). This car is running way slower than stock.

Hello and Welcome to Turbobuick.com!!! :)

Have you tried the 'spring cleaning' procedure to see if that turns up anything as to why your car is slow?
Do you have any engine monitoring tools/software? Scanmaster? FAST XFI? etc?

Have you tried the 'spring cleaning' procedure to see if that turns up anything as to why your car is slow? Only looked at the plugs so far. They were wet with fuel. That's another thing. That car runs rich at idle and has an off idle stumble. Not really sure what you mean by "spring cleaning". Is that a turbo buick forum thing or just a basic troubleshooting thing?

Do you have any engine monitoring tools/software? Scanmaster? FAST XFI? etc? None

sorry about that, forgot to insert 'spring cleaning' website: http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html - don't think you have to be a member.
Good site to join also. Also might want to see if your IAC and TPS are set correctly. Search this site or there is a write-up on the other site
I gave you. Having something to monitor your engine (Scanmaster, FAST XFI, etc) will help you AND the helpful folks on this site to
help you solve any problems that you might have. But spring cleaning, IAC, and TPS is a standard place to start. Good Luck!

if this is not in the spring cleaning - don't forget to check all your vacuum lines also. secure them with the plastic tie-downs.
had one off - car was slow, no boost. if one comes off during boost - could be bye-bye engine. secure them.

if this is not in the spring cleaning - don't forget to check all your vacuum lines also. secure them with the plastic tie-downs.
had one off - car was slow, no boost. if one comes off during boost - could be bye-bye engine. secure them.

Check. Thank you, again.

Welcome to the board. Before you start running it hard read, read, read, all you can get your hands on. Lots of info here on the board and this is a great site for basic info too. http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/

Yes, thank you. Actually have been reading stuff here and there on this board and others. I have only driven the car four times since I've gotten it a month ago. Once to get smogged, once to go to AAA to get the DMV registration stuff taken care of, another time to just cruise and observe its driving manners, and the last time to just get on it a little.
Car was purchased from some guy in Louisville, KY under the pretense this was a solid driver. The car has obvious issues and that's why I've hardly driven it. Didn't buy it for a major project. Have other projects to contend with. I bought this GN because I thought it was a solid, low mileage car, that was basically stock and running well. I was surely mistaken.