Hello! new LS1 invader looking to learn

TommyV8

Hi! My name is Tom and I don't have a Buick but I'm an admirer. My dad has one and I'd like to think that I helped him decide to buy it; he was test driving C4s but I told him I think Grand Nationals are much more badass, not to mention a whole lot rarer. ;) Fortunately he agreed and now that I've experienced the Turbo Buick firsthand I like them even more; when that turbo spools up (love that sound) it feels like a giant hand is shoving the car forward! :eek: I plan on having one someday but for know I'd like to hang around and soak up some knowledge. Thanks for letting me hang.:)

P.S. I just thought of something: if I do get one, would I be able to change my screen name? This is the one i use for all the boards I'm on, I didn't even think about it. :(

Welcome, hang out and soak up whatever info you need to. This is a great place to learn about these cars and even shop for one. Also check out t6p.com

welcome to the board. I went from TR's to Camaros and, with the help of this site, back to a GN.

Everyone here is nice so far (I lurked for about a year) but now that I have a GN again I have this site to thank for being the ground where it was set up.

I mill around here and the tech forum and have always had a good response to any question I have asked.

Originally posted by Whut
welcome to the board. I went from TR's to Camaros and, with the help of this site, back to a GN.

Everyone here is nice so far (I lurked for about a year) but now that I have a GN again I have this site to thank for being the ground where it was set up.

I mill around here and the tech forum and have always had a good response to any question I have asked.
Cool, that is exactly the kind of experience I hope to have here.:D

You say your father has one. Tell us more about that?? Mod'd? Original? Daily driver? Show car? Race car?

Welcome to the board. Don't worry about your screen name... go ahead and ask away. (Just make sure your sig explains your screen name).

Welcome!! As you can see my screen name isn't exactally Buick related...Anytime someone asks me about it I just tell em you have to remember where you came from, I was/am a F-body guy through and through...I WILL have another Camaro.

Originally posted by gn85
You say your father has one. Tell us more about that?? Mod'd? Original? Daily driver? Show car? Race car?
It's an '87 Grand National. It's not his daily driver, he takes it out a few times a week in nice weather. He has placed in most shows he's entered, it's in very nice shape except for the paint; lots of hairlines and swirls. He's never run it but he will and I have a post about it in the big fish/kills section.
Mods (that I know of):
adjustable wastegate (22 psi)
conical K&N intake
Walbro fuel pump
BFG G-Force T/A drag radials
coming soon: heavier injectors

Originally posted by Slow91z
Welcome!! As you can see my screen name isn't exactally Buick related...Anytime someone asks me about it I just tell em you have to remember where you came from, I was/am a F-body guy through and through...I WILL have another Camaro.
Right now I can't imagine not having an f-body. I am an active member of a local f-body club and it's a lot of fun! However, if I could get a TR I might be able to live without the 'Maro. At least for a little while.;)

We need to get a turbo on the Z28.
Check out turbogms.com.

Welcome aboard :cool: