Hello from Texas!

THREE POINT EIGHT

Hey guys, new to the forum, just signed up today. Currently located in Lubbock TX, and drive a 2010 Hyundai Genesis coupe 3.8 6MT (which I realize probably wouldn't win a popularity contest here). Anyway I have always wanted a GN, it was actually the car that got me into cars. I'll never forget the day I asked my tennis instructor whose ugly yellow (yes, he painted it yellow, which at the time I had no idea what a sin he had committed!) car was out front. He told me it was his and if i wanted to go for a ride. I agreed and we strapped in, turned her over, and the next thing I knew he put a $20 bill on the dash and told me if I could grab it I could have it. I had absolutely no knowledge of cars at the time but in retrospect I'm pretty sure he was running upwards of a 70mm turbo. I think we all know how this story ends. Later I had spoken to several people that knew this car and its owner, and apparently my instructor had made a name for himself with his "wicked fast" yellow GN.

Ever since that day I have had a profound love for GNs. I love the exclusivity/cult following of them and now I can only name on one hand cars that look better that a GN. Funny how perspective works haha! I hope to own one one day, but being a 23 yr old male its most likely not in the near future unless I find one in good enough condition to daily. I know very little about these cars compared to most of you here but I'm hree to expand my knowledge and hopefully one day own one of these legends.

Here's a pic of my current car in case anyone cares haha.
2i6oolt.jpg

Last edited: